INEOS Nitriles is a global chemicals business with sales volume of 1200 kte and revenue in excess of $2.4 billion. The Nitriles business has 2 manufacturing operations in the US and 2 in Europe along with offices and headquarters in Rolle, Switzerland and Aurora, Illinois near Chicago. The Nitriles Business’ primary products include acrylonitrile, hydrogen cyanide, and acetonitrile. Additionally, Nitriles also has a Plant that produces catalyst for internal use at the Lima Site, globally within INEOS, and for other Acrylonitrile producers.
The INEOS Nitriles Plant at Lima is part of an industrial campus which includes a refinery and chemical complex. INEOS share services, utilities, products, and feedstocks with four adjacent manufacturing facilities: Nutrien (ammonia, urea, nitric acid), Fort Amanda Specialties (chelates), Ashland (1,4-butanediol), and Husky Refining (propylene, fuels and refined oil products).
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The purpose of the Site Controller is the delivery of all accounting, controlling, budgeting and other financial services to the Lima site and the Catalyst Business, ensuring the results are reported accurately, timely, conform to accounting standards and overriding principles set by INEOS Nitriles and INEOS Group.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Champions the INEOS 20 Safety Principles and the INEOS Nitriles Culture of Prevention.
- Deliver full accounting, controlling and financial services to the Lima Nitriles, the Catalyst Business and INEOS Nitriles, meeting all business requirements for both scope and quality.
- Responsible for accurate and timely month end close activity, ensuring financial results accurately reflect the performance of the Lima Nitriles and the Catalyst Business.
- Deliver monthly business performance reporting for the site and the Catalyst Business to the required standard in accordance with a strict INEOS Group timetable. This should be designed to aid management in identifying opportunities for improvement and making sound business decisions.
- Proactively manage all financial aspects of multiple contracts and associated relationships with the Lima complex site partners, Husky Lima Refinery, Nutrien, Ashland and Ft. Amanda Specialties.
- Deliver and maintain a robust forward forecasting process for the site EBITDA, Catalyst Business EBITDA and cash flow which highlights key business issues including the impact of exchange and ongoing changes in market conditions.
- Ensure that the site internal reporting reconciles with the HYPERION Group reporting tool and resolve any reporting issues.
- Prepare the key analysis and provide supporting explanations for the site for inclusion in the month end reporting, fully explaining results for management to make sound business decisions.
- Ensure robust internal control processes are in place and function as intended, to protect the assets of the company and the financial integrity of SAP is upheld. Ensure compliance with the INEOS Nitriles Delegation of Authority.
- Fully engaged member of the Site Leadership Team, contributing to development and delivery of the site performance, including safety initiatives and long-term strategic objectives.
- Lead the preparation of the Lima Nitriles and Catalyst Business annual budget ensuring it conforms to the overriding principles as set out by INEOS Nitriles and in doing so meet the requirements imposed by INEOS Group.
- Champion effective cost management amongst budget holders and decision makers, providing support and advice on the financial implications of all business activity; make recommendations to improve performance and provide coaching and guidance to key decision makers to optimize financial performance.
- Global consolidation of the monthly fixed cost for Nitriles for the Board and key stakeholders.
- Deliver annual tax packages for all US legal entities.
- Oversee Lima Nitriles and Catalyst Business weekly cash flow for submission to the INEOS Nitriles team in Europe for consolidation to the INEOS Nitriles Board and INEOS Group.
- Ensure all ledger reconciliations are completed in a timely manner, immediately notifying appropriate INEOS management of any issues that need to be addressed.
- Ensures that plant operation (yield) and financial results are accurately reported on a timely basis.
- Provide leadership and coaching to direct reports to ensure capabilities are maintained, process improvements are continually achieved, and individual skills are developed to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to ensure high professional standards both technically and behaviorally.
- Work with internal and external parties to provide information, share knowledge, understanding of data, identify opportunities and risks.
- To join ad-hoc project teams in order to help INEOS Nitriles achieve specific goals.
- Provide a major role in Emergency Operating Plan (EOP) in insuring that normal accounting functions continue during EOP as well as special requirements.
- Coordinates accounting records retention and historical accounting information for site.
- Any other finance duties as they arise.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance, or related degree.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; preferably in a manufacturing environment, with a proven track record for delivery.
- Supervisory experience is required.
- Familiarity with SAP ERP systems is a plus as well as Hyperion.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP and IFRS.
- Proven ability for cost control and budgeting.
- Clear and concise analytical skills.
- Problem solving.
- Highly independent and results-orientated in order to encourage a culture of high data quality.
- Pro-active and have strong interpersonal skills to resolve issues and present information effectively and persuasively.
- Well organized, flexible when dealing with regional issues against tight deadlines and differing time zones.
- Ability to influence, coach, motivate, empower and lead change.
- Integrity, high performance and team spirit are cultural.
- Strong leadership skills with excellent communication skills (oral, written and listening).
- Strategic thinking.
The jobholder will be required to travel on occasion within the USA and to Europe as required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.