TITLE: Career Consultant CLASSIFICATION: Eligibility/Referral Specialist 2
HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM PAY RATE: $17.04/hr.
Join our team! Make a difference in your community. Between the great benefits and positive work environment, this is an opportunity unlike any other! We are hiring a full-time Career Consultant position.
This position will focus on the coordination of supportive services for job seekers and workers in Allen County.
- Acts as primary contact to customers, as well as employers, in the marketing and referral of customers.
- Refers customers to appropriate job center programs, assisting with resumes and registering on OhioMeansJobs.com (OMJ).
- Assists customers in developing job search skills.
- Answers and transfers phone calls within the Job Center.
- Works with local workforce development organizations and employers to determine employers’ needs, and program availability to assist with job openings, new hires and employee retention.
- Posts and maintains job postings on spreadsheet, job board, and on OMJ.
- Conducts resume searches for job postings and notifies employer of candidates.
- Assist with social media and website updates and postings.
- Uses Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook to manage agency job postings.
- Determines eligibility for Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth programs, as well as the Comprehensive Case Management and Employment Program.
- Maintains ongoing caseload of active clients.
- Works extensively with the Youth Coordinator on a variety of tasks.
- Determines eligibility for Social Services Programs co-enrolling as appropriate to assist customers in overcoming barriers to employment.
- Completes client budget of household expenses.
- Contacts third party to confirm a plan of assistance.
- Arranges for needed service, completes data entry and arranges services as needed.
- Maintains accurate records.
- Completes contracts and paperwork for training.
- Attends meeting and training sessions at the State and local levels to learn new methods, regulations and policies.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. assisting administrators and supervisors in compiling information, completion of special projects, training and meetings, etc.).
Salary and Benefits
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation time
- State retirement system
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Work 7.5 hours per day plus paid lunch
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in related field preferred.
To apply: please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.