National Team Leader of Category Management - Kroger
Hormel Foods Corporation
To save time applying, Hormel Foods does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time.
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenues across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include SKIPPY, SPAM, Hormel Natural Choice, Applegate, Justin's, Wholly Guacamole, Hormel Black Label, Columbus and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named one of "The 100 Best Corporate Citizens" by Corporate Responsibility Magazine for the 10th year in a row, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. In 2016, the company celebrated its 125th anniversary and announced its new vision for the future - Inspired People. Inspired Food. - focusing on its legacy of innovation. For more information, visit and .
Defines, communicates, and implements the annual operating priorities for the Kroger analytics team
Retention and personnel development are a primary focus of this position. the team leader must be highly engaged in the training department's associate analyst training process to develop higher level category based strategic thought for those in category analyst and above positions. The team leader identifies knowledge and skill gaps and makes training recommendations to the National Manager of Category Management.
Leads and directs the management of data and all data mining applications for the Kroger team.
Uses extensive knowledge of loyalty card data (84.51), shopper insights, existing consumer and shopper research, category management tools, space management applications, and advanced analysis techniques using syndicated, internal & POS data to lead category advisors in analytic based relay process that optimize category assortment, modular flow, adjacencies and refined store clustering.
Leads and develops the category advisor relationship as they work with key customer buyers, buying leadership, category management & POG leadership, while working with Hormel Marketing and Retail Operations to develop new product ideas and implement products ready for launch.
Directing the development of presentations that will be delivered to senior level executives at key customers and Hormel, and most importantly be able to build collaborative teams around new and creative initiatives.
Leads the category collateral process that ignites customer support for the development of collaborative category management objectives that demonstrate sustainable growth plans for Hormel and the customer. While working within the guidance set forth by customer confidentiality agreements, this individual will communicate to senior level Hormel management their category recommendations, strategies and goals.
Is also part of our best in class training and people development process and is expected to on board, train, and prepare our associates for their career.
The ability to quickly develop advanced analytics capabilities and deploy it with 84.51 and Kroger.
* A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* 5 years of sales/marketing/analytics experience.
* A record of successful management and extensive analytical experience.
* Strong knowledge of applications like IRi panel, POS and Shoppersights, and modular planning.
* Prior experience utilizing Kroger 84.51 data.
* CPG industry experience
* Strong skills using technical tools such as Excel, Access, MS PowerPivot, Tableau, etc.
* A pattern of initiative.
* Proven problem solving and decision-making skills.
* The ability to take the lead in a team environment on a variety of complex projects.
* Well-developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
* Highly developed presentation skills.
* Knowledge of advance analytics methods
* Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
* Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
* Proficient working in internal sales reporting applications
* Advanced degree in Analytics
* Strong knowledge of SQL and/or other database types.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Travel may be necessary 20% of the time.
BENEFITS: Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase, performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, relocation assistance, paid vacation.
For immediate consideration, send apply online at:
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.