Are you looking for a rewarding career in Human Services and Criminal Justice? As the Investigations Supervisor, you can make a difference in your community, helping to protect the integrity of Allen County’s public assistance programs.
The successful candidate will bring an inquisitive mind, excellent customer service and strong leadership to the role, managing a team of investigators and driving the overpayment recovery strategy for the Agency.
- Supervises the Overpayment Recovery/Investigation Unit, including the Income and Eligibility Verification System (IEVS) program.
- Reviews all investigations and approves those to be referred for prosecution.
- Monitors overpayment/over-issuance recoveries, issues administrative subpoenas, conducts fraud hearings.
- Facilitates interrogation/interviews of public assistance clients suspected of fraud.
- Assigns, monitors and evaluates the work of all employees in the unit to ensure that all state and federal regulations and mandates are met.
- Provides for the management, training, assignment, evaluation and corrective action of staff members in the unit.
- Establishes performance standards for employees in the Investigations/Fraud unit and maintains records of individual employee performance for evaluation purposes.
- Establishes and supervises the maintenance of a tracking/reporting system for referrals, collections and all necessary state, federal and local reports.
- Interprets and applies Ohio Revised Code as related to civil and criminal proceedings associated with theft and collections.
- In conjunction with Administration, determines unit priorities with respect to referrals, collections and related responsibilities, and implements a strategic plan to ensure program integrity and achieve Agency objectives.
- Attends staff meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions to remain current in regulations, procedures and techniques.
- Conducts staff meetings and training sessions for new and/or changed regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits
- $24.03 – $30.11/hour, depending on qualifications
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation time
- State retirement system
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Apply To: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and overall understanding of management processes.
- Must be a strong communicator, with an emphasis on persuasive communication.
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in a related field is strongly preferred.