Talent Requisition Details
Position Title Regional Sales Manager
Other Location Explained
Responsible for initiating and managing sales activities of Process Technology products within specified region. Responsible and accountable for creating a sustainable inflow of qualified projects and inquiries. Creates value, presence, and identifies opportunities for growth in the area of responsibility. Collaborates with in-house engineering to create solutions, prepare proposals, present proposals, and negotiate proposals with client.
Reporting to the Sales Director Americas, key accountabilities include:
* Apply product and industry knowledge to make value-added proposals to customers when preparing quotations
* Develops, maintains, and grows key relationships with personnel at customers within the specified region.
* Works with project engineering to propose systems, equipment, and/or service and parts. Identifies appropriate pricing models and leverages SGL's value propositions to assist in sales process to increase share of wallet within specified region.
* Provides pre-sales technical assistance and product education to clients.
* Participates in the proposal phase with technical & commercial assistance, and equipment specifications.
* Collaborates with corporate functions to monitor market and industry developments in the specified region.
* Provides a monthly competitor information report to Sales Director.
* Coordinates proposals team to ensure customers' specifications and requirements are met.
* Leads and coordinates commercial negotiations of contracts, purchase orders, and terms & conditions within region.
* Participates in selective projects and events within region.
* Liaises with members of the sales team and other product technical experts.
* Researches and reports on competitive sources.
* Reports to Sales Director.
* 50%- 75% travel required.
* Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Material Science
* 5-10 years of sales experience in technical products, preferably equipment & systems for chemical process industries and related markets.
* Solid understanding of process engineering
* Experience with heat & mass transfer equipment preferred
* Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
* Excellent client relationship building skills
* Prior experience in project management preferred
SGL Carbon Technic LLC
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee may occasionally be required to stoop or reach with hands and arms. On occasion, the employee is required to lift up to 10 pounds. This position requires close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Frequent travel is required for this position
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Will frequently be exposed to
Special Instructions to Applicants
Talent Requisition Number 20110804BU
Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or veteran status. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.