OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is currently sourcing Surgical Technician candidates for large healthcare provider.
Surgical Support Technician
Safely transports patients to designated areas per nursing request. Uses variety of technical skills to assist the nursing staff as requested during surgical cases. Maintains and controls Support Services equipment and supplies. Maintains the O.R. environment in an aesthetically safe and sanitary condition.
- Escorts and directs customers to the appropriate source for assistance.
- Provides a safe environment for patients and their families. Complies with entering job tasks in electronic computer software programs.
- Assists nursing service with prepping and shaving patients for surgery.
- Coordinates and maintains Uniform Room activities such as locker assignments and scrubs for all O.R. personnel.
- Properly handles and disposes of hazardous waste.
- Complies with special cleaning requests for radioactive waste and infection control surgical cases.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire period.
- Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to empathize and recognize with patients suffering from physical or emotional difficulties and be sensitive to patient needs.
- Work Experience:
- Minimum one year customer service experience and experience working in a team environment.
- Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including ability to lift and/or bear the weight of 100 pounds with assistance, or more while pulling, lifting, pushing and transferring patients to and from various apparatus; regularly pushes moderate to heavy weight of 100 pounds or more.
- Exposure to body fluids.
- Must be available for flexible scheduling according to the needs of the surgical area.
- Floating may be expected per assignment policies within the surgical support department.
- Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255