FEDERAL - BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
GPD Group is an interdisciplinary firm of over 650 employees. We’re a stable, employee-owned company and we’ve been serving the Northeast Ohio area for over half a century. Through careful planning and responsible growth, we’ve grown to 14 offices across the nation – six in Ohio and the rest in Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Texas and Washington.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager to lead all aspects of the sales process from prospecting, pre-positioning, onboarding, and maintaining long-term client relationships within our Federal Practice. This individual will lead the collaborative process with company stakeholders to develop strategic goals / initiatives. In addition, the individual will work closely with the technical teams and the marketing department to develop tailored solutions that meet the demands of the market.
The desired candidate will have a significant amount of positive existing professional relationships within the landscape of the Federal Government. The individual will also be a subject matter expert on the following however not limited to, All Branches of The United States Armed Forces (Navy, Coast Guard, Marines, Air Force, and National Guard), United States Department of Labor, United States Army Corps of Engineers, National Recreation and Park Association, Federal Highway Administration, General Services Administration, and United States Department of Interior.
This ideal candidate(s) will be a servant leader, well organized, self-motivated, articulate, and accountable, detail orientated, display effective interpersonal skills and be capable of developing solutions that best serve the client and GPD Group.
This is an immediate opening. GPD Group has offices in Akron, Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Louisville, Seattle, Atlanta, Phoenix and Dallas. The successful candidate can work from any of our existing offices or remotely.
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering
- Minimum of ten years’ experience working with or selling to The Federal Government
- Enjoy a challenging mix of prospecting, generating, identifying and qualifying opportunities in addition to collaborating with internal teams through the sales cycle and delivery while teaching customers something new about their business through the lens of GPD’s service offerings.
- Proven sales record and possess a significant amount of positive existing professional relationships within Federal Agencies.
- Display a deep dive approach into sales solutions, creating and delivering formal presentations, demonstrations, proposals, Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) and Statements of Work (SOW) for clients
- Generate new leads and develop those leads into long term clients
- Ability to pre-position GPD for upcoming opportunities
- Ability to successfully close sales /deals
- Develop and manage positive professional relationships
- Systematically track and present the status and results of all leads, presentations, RFQs, RFPs and other business development related client interactions.
- Work with financial and business planning models
- Develop attainable goals and the strategies required
- Prepare and deliver technical sales materials and presentations to customers and internal organizations
- Prepare, review, and approve technical exhibits and proposals
- Interface with the project teams to develop potential opportunities with existing clients
- Participate in team and company meetings at specific locations throughout the year as designated by the company
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Ability to develop and understand pricing models
- Ability to listen
- Demonstrate highly effective written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to develop and understand project timelines
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
GPD offers a compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with matching and company contribution
- Bonus Program
- Vacation & Sick Time
- And much more…
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/Disabled/Vet
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify