Position Purpose and Objectives:
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the efficient and orderly coordination of BCRTA services, including the supervision of front-line services, customer satisfaction, resource coordination, and direction of Vehicle Operators as related to the direct provision of service. The Operations Supervisor will be required to solve immediate operational problems, “triage” emergencies with management as directed, investigate accidents, administer Vehicle Operator discipline as directed by management, monitor quality of services, and other duties as assigned. The Operations Supervisor will be required to work during non-traditional business hours such as evenings and weekends as needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Operates base radio console equipment, transmitting and receiving routine and emergency messages from bus operators when necessary.
- Enforces rules and procedures as outlined in BCRTA handbook and documents.
- Takes customer calls for information on transit services and schedules requested trips when necessary.
- Familiarized with pricing of trips, area covered by BCRTA, and all other BCRTA service information.
- Investigates accidents as needed.
- “Triages” emergencies and coordinates responses with management and other BCRTA team members.
- Advises vehicle operators on standard operating procedures during emergencies and under unforeseen circumstances.
- Works proficiently with computer and software to accomplish limited administrative tasks.
- Maintains accurate reports and records in accordance with BCRTA procedure.
- Assists dispatch with covering extra trips by personally providing trips or contacting possible operator replacements.
- Coordinates with Dispatch and Transportation Coordinator to manage daily route schedules for maximum efficiency, adjusts as necessary.
- Prioritizes tasks to achieve maximum efficiency and superior customer service.
- Reports time off and any safety issues to the Operations Manager or his designee.
- Monitors service and vehicle operators under direction of Operations Management to ensure superior customer service and high levels of employee and passenger safety.
- Investigates and recommends correction of safety issues.
- Retrieves and processes fares under direction of Operations Management.
- Retrains Vehicle Operators in standard procedures as necessary.
- Administers routine discipline and warnings under the directions of Operations Management.
- Perform annual behind the wheel evaluations for Vehicle Operators.
- Communicates clearly and works with customers to solve problems, educate riders, and improve BCRTA service.
- Maintains composure and acts thoughtfully under pressure.
- Promotes a positive public image of BCRTA and exceeds customer expectations.
- Attends training as required.
This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an employee in this job. Employees are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Physical & Visual Activities:
- Constant period of hearing, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision.
- Frequent periods of speaking and sitting.
- Occasional periods of standing, squatting, walking, kneeling, reaching and twisting.
ABILITY TO KNEEL AND BEND AS REQUIRED TO SECURE WHEELCHAIR RESTRAINTS.
Occasional exposure to exhaust fumes.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to negotiate, train and persuade.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and instruments.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend corrective courses of action.
- Ability to multitask in a quick-paced environment without forgetting details
- Well developed oral and written communication ability.
- Demonstrates excellent command of the English language.
- Work under frequent periods of stress.
- Performs as effective team player.
- Ability to perform simple math
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications
One year experience as a public transit vehicle operator or equivalent experience
Completion of, or ability to complete BCRTA Behind-The-Wheel Trainer Program
Limited dispatch experience or equivalent communication and computer knowledge
- High School diploma required.
- Class B CDL with Passenger endorsement, no air brake restriction preferred but not required
- Valid Ohio driver's license
Applications are public records and will only be reviewed once for each position. Applicants must submit a separate application for each position of interest. BCRTA applications do not represent a contract of employment.
"BCRTA states as its policy a commitment to provide equal opportunity to all persons in matters affecting all employment processes, but not limited to, recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, discipline, transfer selection, terminations, and other terms and conditions of employment and layoff practices without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veterans status, or age.
Further, BCRTA is committed to complying with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act and prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability. BCRTA will make accommodations that are reasonable and not unduly burdensome to enable qualified disabled applicants and employees to participate in the employment process and perform essential job functions. "