OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is currently sourcing General Accountant candidates for leading producer of forged products.
Reporting to the Division Controller, this position is a key role in the Cleveland Divisional Accounting group. The role has certain recurring, transactional duties associated with application of cash, administration of accounts receivable (A/R), and processing of hourly payroll. The role also features more periodic duties, primarily in the areas of monthly close, audit support, 401(k) contributions, procurement card management, and miscellaneous report generation.
This position will be required to interact regularly with a diverse audience both internal and external to the Company and at a variety of levels and functional backgrounds. The General Accountant’s duties are broad-based, requiring an ability to identify priorities and make adjustments where necessary and perform the role in a confident, autonomous manner.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (in addition to other duties as assigned)
- Heavy involvement with the month end close process by preparing and entering numerous standard and non-standard journal entries (JEs). Evaluate and prepare certain accruals. Assist others in the department as necessary to facilitate a timely close.
- Prepare account reconciliations for key balance sheet accounts.
- Timely and accurate posting of cash receipts to customer accounts.
- Administration of Accounts Receivable with focus on minimizing days sales outstanding (DSO) through collection calls and problem resolution. Periodic updates to management.
- Review, reconcile and upload weekly payroll. Prepare and submit necessary payroll reports as needed.
- Work with the Division Controller to obtain information and prepare schedules supporting the Division’s Financial Statements.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing Director to prepare Commissions reports for external Sales organizations.
- Perform financial analysis of various business issues as requested, using Excel models.
- Develop and maintain appropriate administrative and accounting practices and procedures to ensure the integrity of the Division’s system of internal accounting controls and to promote efficiency (one touch concepts) and informational accuracy to internal and external customers.
- Generate and distribute customer invoices and statements on a timely basis.
- Assist with external audit (quarterly and annual) efforts, including the preparation of audit schedules.
- Consolidate 401(k) contribution information and initiate timely payments of same.
- Annual unclaimed funds reporting and 1099 generation.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance from accredited college/university.
- Five+ years relevant experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to deal effectively with deadlines and reprioritize work when necessary.
- Comfortable with technology and utilization of personal computers.
- Strong Excel skills mandatory. Comfortable with data extraction, generating custom reports, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with proven ability to interact effectively and positively with other employees, Divisional and Corporate management and external professionals.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with both corporate and business unit management is essential.
- Sound analytical judgment while applying a keen sense of internal control risk; this includes the ability to determine what information is both relevant and significant and which therefore requires attention.
- Strong problem recognition and problem solving skills are a must, as is self-motivation, assertiveness, and a positive attitude
Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255