OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is currently sourcing Die Designer candidates for publicly held supplier to the aerospace industry located in Cleveland, OH. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Die Designer role is responsible for preparing forging drawings and designing impression and perform dies to produce closed die hammer forged parts to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs forged part from customer’s machine or forging part drawings of 3-D models and customer’s specifications locating parting lines and including all tolerances necessary, using CAD system.
- Designs preform shapes.
- Studies specifications, engineering and customer prints, tool orders and shop data and confers with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design problems relating to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances and manufacturing procedures and cost.
- Develops 3-D models of performs and finished forgings.
- Designs the necessary forging dies to produce the performs and finished forging.
- Makes corrections, additions or changes in drawing as necessary due to customer changes, company die changes, or as instructed by Engineering management.
- Draws preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings.
- Sets up runs RFEM simulations of forging (DEFORM).
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a 2 year college or technical school; or equivalent experience
- Previous Tool and Die experience preferred
- Previous design/engineering experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Comfortable with technology and utilization of personal computers
- Previous CAD experience strongly desired
- ERP / SAP experience preferred
- Experience using MS Office tools effectively is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to interact effectively with other employees, management, and external professionals.
- Strong problem recognition and problem-solving skills are a must, as is self-motivation, assertiveness, and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work productively independently or on a team
- Ability to prioritize and plan work independently and to effectively manage projects
- Must be detail orientated and able to provide accurate data and information
- Able to deal effectively with deadlines and reprioritize work when necessary.
- Strong attention to detail
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished with written, oral of diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to visualize the entire forging process and anticipate the material behavior during forging.
Recruiter Hotline 216-973-4929