Do you have a talent for all things IT and want to put your thumbprint on challenging projects? Are you innovative with your design and development skills to create the best solution that delivers quality results? Are you ready for the challenge of managing the complete IT needs of an organization? If this sounds like you, the Allen County Department of Job and Family Services is looking for a knowledgeable and motivated Lead Systems Architect to contribute to the leadership of the Agency’s information systems.
As the Lead Systems Architect, you will be responsible for the full computer, networking and database system needs of the Agency. Additionally, you will be responsible for furthering the development of existing Agency systems and building efficient work processes. Additionally, this position manages the design, coding, testing and deployment of cloud-based database applications to advance the operations of the agency. The Lead Systems Architect must also have the ability to collaborate with our high-performing teams and individuals to deliver solutions to advance common operational goals.
Specific Job Duties:
- Advocate and improve agency best practices and software standards.
- Partners with management to design technology solutions to meet operational demands.
- Create, review and modify agency databases, including cloud administration and user interface design.
- Support local and state document imaging systems.
- Develop and support a strategic plan for future information system needs, including evaluation of existing technology assets and recommendation for potential replacements.
Desired Skills/Job Qualifications:
- An associate’s degree in a related field is required, bachelor’s preferred.
- One year of relevant experience required; three to five years of experience in an information technology or related position preferred.
- Experience in relevant coding languages required for front-end development.
- Familiarity with database structures, SQL experience required; cloud computing experience preferred.
- Ability to plan for future IT needs and identify opportunities for advancement of IT service offerings.
For the motivated, energetic candidate, the Lead Systems Architect role is an opportunity for you to build your vision for an effective, collaborative IT structure as you develop a quality career, and look to build your individual portfolio and enhance your skills and experience.
Who is Allen County Job and Family Services?
As a community leader in providing public assistance and career development, our team of employees is on the front lines, promoting individual self-sufficiency and helping to build a stronger Allen County. As part of employment, our staff receives a generous benefit package—including medical, dental, vision and life insurance—and are part of the state retirement system (OPERS). Employees are also eligible for paid vacation and sick leave and receive 11 paid holidays throughout the year.
Apply To: Interested in joining a great team and making a positive impact in your community? Email your resume and cover letter to Jacob.Larger@jfs.ohio.gov.