OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County, OMJ|CC is recruiting to fill Laundry Processor position for local laundry service. . Applicant should have previous experience and good references as a laundry worker inspecting and folding linen, such as towels, sheets, blankets, etc. The Laundry Processor will identify stained or damaged items and determine status for repair, spot treatment, rewash, or discard. Inspect and fold cleaned articles into designated size, by hand. Maintain accurate records of items laundered and folded, and record piece count on designated logs.
- Examine linen to verify conformance to quality standards.
- Inspecting, folding, counting and recording the linen processed each day.
- Performs laundry activities within well established guidelines to ensure that quality standards, safety guidelines and customer service expectations are met.
- The overwhelming majority of the laundry worker’s job is performed while standing and bending.
- The laundry worker is responsible for satisfactory and timely completion of assigned linen, etc. according to schedule.
- Work in a relaxed environment with little or no supervision.
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods with repetitive range of movement.
- Ability to push/pull 250-300 pounds carts on wheels.
- Minimum requirement, high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Read, write, and follow verbal or written instructions
- Able to work with little or no supervision
- Prior experience as a laundry worker
- Willing to work varying schedules, weekends, evenings and some holidays
Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255