Reconnect with your skill trade. We are essential! Swartz Contracting and Emergency Services is hiring full-time experienced carpenters.
Must have excellent all-around construction skills, own your own tools and be detail oriented. Previous carpentry experience required along with a valid driver’s license. Must be able to frame/finish work, drywall, and paint. Competitive pay with benefits provided.
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of carpentry/construction experience
- Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Swartz Contracting and Emergency Services employee, it is your job to always promote a professional appearance and attitude on all job sites. Everyone is responsible to hold each other accountable and promote teamwork throughout the company.
- Must have the ability to do multiple things. Framing, drywall, painting and finish carpentry. Carpenters may or may not be the best but must have the desire and ability to grow in areas that need improvement.
- Required to be in the weekly “On Call” rotation schedule. A $50 bonus will be paid for any call after 5 pm weekly. On weekends, an automatic $50 will be paid for the first emergency call and $25 for every call after.
- Report to work on time. Depending if the job is in town or out of town will determine what time you need to report to work. That will be left up to the Project Manager.
- Follow through with every assignment. If something is assigned and you’re unsure if able to complete efficiently, it will need reported to the Project Manager who assigned the task and seek guidance.
- Must have the required list of mandatory tools decided by Swartz Contracting & Emergency Services.
- Help take care of all company tools and any other tools that the Production Carpenter uses (any tool that is mistreated, the cost to repair or replace could be deducted from check).