Job Title: Forklift Operator - OMJST
Worksite Location: Canton, OH 44707
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Ball Metalpack using the following information:
Apply online at: www.ballmetalpack.com
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: Are you a good, safety-oriented forklift driver? Join our high-speed manufacturing plant, operate and maintain LP forklifts to move raw material and finished product.
This is a great opportunity with career growth potential!
Ball Metalpack is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America. Previously part of Ball Corporation, we're a newly formed company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions. Come join our 1,300+ team members in one of our 10 locations across the U.S. heartland.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 hour shifts
Shift: Either 2nd (3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.) or 3rd (11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.)
Primary Purpose of Position:
Safely operate forklifts to keep production lines loaded with raw materials and finished goods unloaded & staged.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Operate forklifts during routine performance of duties.
- Unload, receive, inspect, and stage raw materials, scrap dunnage, packaging materials, chemicals, and other supplies.
- Remove finished products from the production areas, ensuring proper identification, banding, and labeling to meet customer specifications.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies in assigned areas.
- Review warehouse production control schedule to determine duties for shipping and receiving.
- Ensure finished goods are properly documented for shipment.
- Stage and load finished goods and materials in accordance with warehouse production control schedule.
- Coordinate all processed scrap material. Bands, weights, and stores materials. Loads trucks as necessary.
- Conduct inspection of and identifies routine preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Comply with established job safety practices, policies and procedures, as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Conduct pre-shift safety inspection.
- Stage unfinished goods (plate) in accordance with set procedure.
- Conduct inspection of materials used for packaging and inspects trailers and air bags.
- Prepare documentation for incoming and outgoing materials and finished goods.
- Maintain accurate files, records, and logs of incoming and outgoing materials.
- May develop and maintain efficient procedures for receiving incoming materials, stock storage location plan, stock storage allocation, first-in first-out (FIFO) material usage and product usage. Keeps current accounting of materials and finished goods.
- May coordinate with production planning manager to determine schedule information for warehouse operations.
- Access, input, and retrieve information from the computer.
- May coordinate with incoming and outgoing freight handlers to ensure efficient movement of materials and finished products through the plant.
- Communicate to responsible parties any machine malfunctions on assigned equipment.
- Communicate pertinent information to next shift.
- Perform clean-up, painting and housekeeping duties.
- Initiate, review and follow all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for your area of responsibility.
At Ball Metalpack, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards package including competitive pay and benefits package options:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Ball Metalpack is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education, General Education Development (GED), or through equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of experience driving forklifts in a fast-paced production setting.
- Possesses and must maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Requires on-the-job and classroom training to obtain forklift certification.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely in a production environment complying with all safety and PPE rules and guidelines.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Forklift maintenance and operations.
- Rules and regulations for handling batteries and LP gas tanks.
- All assigned equipment.
- The use of banders, stretch wrappers, and other packaging processes as required
PPE requirements: steel toe shoes, hearing protection (provided), safety glasses (provided), cut resistant sleeves (provided). Job requirements may require additional PPE (provided).
Details: Full time. 2nd or 3rd Shifts. 40 hours/week. Monday through Friday. $20.47/hour (minimum).
Qualifications: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must Have Valid Driver’s License.
Available Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vacation, Paid Holidays, Educational Assistance, 401(k).
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Drug Testing.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2