Great Company | Rewarding Careers
You are a HERO! You are working the front line of this COVID-19 crisis with nothing less than love, care and support to those we serve and each other. It is your heroism that will see us through. JOIN OUR TEAM!! Text OTTERBEIN to 972-11.
Text OTTERBEIN to 972-11.
*New Wage Increase*
Do you love connecting with and helping others?
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We’re looking for skilled, compassionate STNAs who desire a career in an environment that encourages the formation of close, meaningful relationships with those in their care.
In our Neighborhoods, we fondly refer to our STNAs as Elder Assistants (EA). EAs provide care to elders in family-style accommodations that promote social bonds and enhance overall quality of life for older adults and caregivers alike. You would be assisting elders in a real home environment at one of our five ranch-style, open-floor plan homes.
Our high staff-to-resident ratio means you’ll have more time to engage with elders in activities like card and board games, taking a stroll in the park, or enjoying a home-cooked meal together.
Become part of our family as an EA at an Otterbein SeniorLife Neighborhood.
See what life is like for our Neighborhood staff.
New friendships are waiting for you!
Your daily responsibilities would include:
• Providing high-quality care and safety to elders
• Present elders with choices and decision-making opportunities
• Engages in interesting and meaningful activities with elders
• Assist the elders in getting up and going to bed when they want
• Plan and cook their favorite foods and eat a meal with them
• Laundry and light housekeeping tasks
• Education: High school diploma/GED
• Certification: State Tested Nurse Assistant certification required - see below for assistance in getting this certification
• Good documentation, communications and interpersonal abilities
• Ability to use tools and equipment required
What we offer:
• Health insurance (includes virtual doctor visits, no copays, dental insurance, and vision insurance)
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401(k)/403(b) with match
• Paid time off
• Company paid Life Insurance
• Flexible shifts and work schedules
• Free meal during shift or stipend / .50 per meal during shift paid by the employee
• Free use of fitness center (at select Otterbein campuses)
• Employee-sponsored emergency fund to help team members in need
• Access to earned wages prior to pay date
• Vendor discounts including: cell phone; amusement parks, rental car, and more!
Need a State Tested Nurse Assistant Certification? We Can Help!
We offer a Nursing Assistant Training Class to our STNAs in partnership with local accredited schools. This allows us to train individuals to enter the healthcare profession as a nursing assistant and full-time employee of Otterbein. Participants must be able to attend a 76-hour training course, which will be held at a specified local school.
The school’s application fee and Ohio state test fee is included and paid for by Otterbein. Participants will also receive free books and training materials.
After satisfactory completion of the course, you can transition to a full-time, skilled nursing neighborhood assignment. If you are interested in gaining this certification through Otterbein, please indicate this in your application.
Text OTTERBEIN to 972-11.