Sr Research Assistant, Cancer Biology
Date: Apr 7, 2020
Location:Cincinnati, OH, US
Company: University of Cincinnati
Internal applicants must apply internally via SuccessFactors >
The Department of Cancer Biology has an opening for a Sr. Research Assistant in the Dr. Susan Waltz Laboratory. This position will assist with the coordination of laboratory projects or research studies in a particular discipline, makes independent contributions to projects and studies based on professional training or
* Solves problems using combined research knowledge;
* Independently works on whole projects/problems;
* Decides how to solve problem and relies on own resources to resolve it;
* Contributes effectively to the collective team effort;
* Analyzes research results;
* Organizes data search and analysis procedures;
* Assists in establishing test controls, criteria and research standards;
* Assists with the design of complex data processing systems to analyze research data;
* Accomplishes assigned results for projects/studies, or for significant aspects of larger, complex
* Serves as seasoned professional.
Minimum Qualifications: Academic degree in related area of research or equivalent combination education/experience.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Cancer Research, Research Assistant, Scientist, Lab Assistant, Research, Healthcare, Science
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.