- Layout, install, maintain and repair of electrical equipment and power and lighting systems in the plant including motors, generators, transformers, controls and mechanisms, timing devices, switches, cables and conduits, communicating, recording and alarm systems.
- Use various types of testing equipment to locate and correct trouble.
- Work on energized circuits when required.
- May be required to work on high voltage equipment.
- May make functional tests to determine that the electricity powered or electrically controlled machines or equipment operate properly after installation or repair.
- Determine horsepower requirements, line loads, material requirements, etc.
- May be assigned to specialized work within the classification.
- May be assisted by a helper.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must be Journeyman Electrician or able to provide documentation to support 8 years' of experience in the Electrical trade.
- Must be U. S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain / maintain a security clearance.
- Must be able to successfully, complete the pre-employment process including medical exam, drug screen, and background check.
- Must obtain Department of Army Police unescorted access.
- Must have ability to read and work from blueprints.
- Must be able to successfully complete the pre-employment process including drug screen and background check.
- Must have valid state-issued driver's license in order to obtain license for in-plant equipment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.