- Manages experienced professionals (Skilled Trades, Team Advisors and Engineers) who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Manages individual and team contributions in pursuit of overall Facilities / Maintenance goal achievement to meet cost, quality & schedule & safety objectives.
- Supervises Skilled Trades Maintenance employees who construct, maintain and repair utility systems, buildings and equipment.
- Sets priorities and performs forecasting and allocates the resources needed to complete all preventative and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Manages Maintenance Repair budget including utility systems that supply Electrical Power Distribution, Boilers / Steam & Piping Systems, Water & Sewer.
- Provides support to Manufacturing Operations by ensuring that Production Equipment and ancillary machinery is available and operating at designed capacity.
- Ensures compliance with established Company policies and procedures for Employment-EEOC, ADAA, Quality-ISO, Safety- OSHA and Environmental- EPA, Union Agreements.
- Performs inspections and implements corrective actions when necessary for USG Corrective Action Requests (CARs) and in accordance with Company policies/procedures.
- Ensures proper labor charging, required regular training and safe work practices are adhered to by Maintenance Organization.
- Effective administration of the Collective Bargaining Unit contracts, manages/investigates grievances and grievance process, and takes appropriate disciplinary action to address performance problems.
- Facilitate team-based leadership promoting inclusion and participation.
- Manage and liaison with Maintenance vendors/suppliers, ensuring compliance with Company policies.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and at least 18 years of age.
- Must successfully complete vetting process administered by the Department of Army Police for unescorted facility access.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Operations or business required.
- 7+ years relevant work experience.
- Must obtain and maintain Secret-level security clearance.
- Experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
- Proven Maintenance leadership experience in a large scale heavy-manufacturing environment preferred.
- Supervision of skilled trades preferred.
- Effectively manage maintenance/facility projects utilizing and interfacing with various facets of the organization, including vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels of the organization, be self-motivated, and demonstrated experience in building relationships and positively motivating teams to accomplish multiple objectives in the most efficient and economical manner.
- Computer literacy with Window-based PC systems & associated software required, specifically with Microsoft Office products, including Excel applications.
- Requires working some overtime, including weekends, as needed.
- Must maintain USG provided Common Access Card (CAC) by satisfying NACI background check.
Working Conditions And Environment:
- This position is performed in both office and heavy manufacturing environments.
- Exposed to and utilizes standard office equipment - phones, desk top computers, fax machines, copiers, scanners, etc.
- Exposed to manufacturing environment working in and around dust, fumes, oils, mists, lubricants, solvents, large moving equipment, weld arc, and in areas with a high noise volume.
- Working in inclement weather including extreme heat and cold.
- This role routinely requires walking, bending, kneeling, standing, sitting, stooping, personal interactions for extended periods.
- May require climbing ladders and stairs, walking or standing on uneven surfaces, climbing onto or into equipment or industrial equipment or military vehicles.
- Occasional lifting, pushing, pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Wearing of required PPE (personal protective equipment) is mandatory, including a respirator.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact email@example.com for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
To Apply: please visit the following link - https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_generaldynamics/external/search/jobDetails/jobDetail.html?jobPostId=8347&localeCode=en-us