AS ANESSENTIAL BUSINESS, the work we do is important to our communities and to our overall society. The products we work so hard to support and supply to our customers, are critical and essential to the basic needs of life. With more than 17,000 colleagues globally, we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive; and we strive to enable a world-class, diverse & engaged workforce to deliver on Greif s strategic priorities. We invite you to explore available career opportunities with Greif. WE ARE HIRING!
Overall responsibility for the Sourcing and Category management activities for targeted scope of spend Resin, Chemicals and Plastic Components. The Regional Sourcing Manager will develop, coordinate, and implement procurement programs that leverage Company buying power and scale working collaboratively with our plants. The focus will be on driving annual TCO and productivity improvements that support the business units and provide value to the Company. Reporting line is to Procurement director, Global Sourcing Resin & Chemical.
* Develop 1-3 year category plans for assigned area of spend responsibility.
* Provide in-depth data analysis to support strategy development and fact-based decisions.
* Work cross-functionally with key business unit stakeholders in driving and executing Sourcing strategies based on business requirements and market conditions.
* Provide market information & updates to the key stakeholders of market/commodity events.
* Drive the implementation and utilization of strategies & preferred suppliers across the business.
* Responsible for meeting annual cost & productivity targets.
* Drive supplier selection and negotiation process to create value.
* Lead the resolution of customer issues and supplier performance.
* Challenge historical paradigms and find new opportunities to further optimize Company performance.
* Develop a supply base that can support just-in-time manufacturing and related activities.
* Develop and implement ideas to optimize TCO.
* Measure and track internal performance for responsible spend, including monthly & quarterly presentations of designated KPI s
* Develop and drive implementation of supplier generated cost reductions.
* Implement best practices sourcing and category management strategies.
* Support working capital improvements (order management, inventory reduction, payment terms) initiatives.
* Support the reduction in SKUs and push standardization/rationalization of products or services.
* Integrate Sourcing and Category Management practices into core business processes.
* Develop and utilize best in-class tools to grow competency and credibility.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s Degree.
* Masters Degree preferred.
* 7+ years Sourcing and Category Management experience.
* Raw material sourcing mngt highly recommended.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Strong attitude in challenging the status-quo.
* Ability to work independently.
* Quick in executing and showing results.
* Proven ability to lead and participate in Team Environment.
* Strong analytical skills. Cross cultural experience.
* Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
* Time Management and planning skills.
* Problem-solving skills.
* Ability to drive performance and demonstrate leadership.
* Ability to travel ~30%.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. See job URL for more information and EOE statement.
For more details see online:URL