RPG Programmer at Mennel Milling
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, physical testing and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to design and maintain customer RPG programs in a multi-AS400 environment. This position will sustain the food safety policy, mission, purpose and quality statements of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 8AM – 5PM. Will vary, depending on workload.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following - Other duties may be assigned:
- Modify and provide support for existing custom and 3rd party applications on the AS400 platform or interface with AS400 applications.
- Help design, code, and test new and existing applications
- Create and maintain applications in a development environment and then deploy to one or more production environments
- Work with users to troubleshoot problems with and research inquiries for AS400 applications
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required; An Associate or Technical Diploma or equivalent work experience preferred
- Coding in all versions of (CL, RPG, DDS, MEN, CMD, DB2: SQL)
- Batch and Interactive environments
- Knowledge of JAVA, .Net, Web programming preferred
- Knowledge of Rational Developer, ACOM, IMS, LANSA, EDI desired
- Establish and maintain effective communications with other IT team members.
- Serve as a technical resource to various problem-solving groups within the facilities serviced.
- Must have solid interpersonal skills with the ability to listen well, and work in a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write reports, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to an office environment.
TO APPLY: Go to https://mennel.com/careers