OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is currently sourcing Sr. Data Engineer candidates for software company that is disrupting the life insurance industry.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will work closely with data and analytics team, account management team and various engineering teams (Platform, Security) to build high quality data pipelines. Integrate data from a variety of data sources utilizing cloud-based data structures (Azure); determine/enhance existing data sources between internal and external stakeholders.
- Solve complex data problems to deliver insights that helps our business to achieve their goals
- Advise, consult, and coach other data and analytic professionals on data standards and practices
- Develop, implement and optimize streaming, data lake, and analytics solutions
- Create and execute testing including unit, integration, and end-to-end tests of data pipelines
- Create data quality monitoring processes
- Adapt and learn new technologies in a quickly changing field
- Create data products for analytics and engineering team members to improve their productivity
- Recommend and implement best tools to ensure optimized data performance
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to SAAS principles and business goals.
- Foster a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale stability, and operational efficiency of data and analytical solutions
- Lead evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools & process for analytic data engineering to improve our productivity as a team
- Partner with business analysts and solutions architects to develop technical architectures for strategic enterprise projects and initiatives.
- 5+ years of Data Engineering experience
- 3+ experience Software Development
- Research experience or background preferred
- Experience with PySpark, Scala, or Spark’s Java API
- 5+ years Data analytics delivery experience on external cloud preferred
- Experience with Data Warehousing, Architecting Pipelines, and Data Modeling
- Team-oriented, self-motivated, success-driven, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Strong intellectual curiosity and demonstrated ability to understand and question the data
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- OMJCC 8363-9214
- Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255