IT Business Analyst
Orrville, OH (Close proximity to Cleveland/Akron)
Manager, IS Operations
Entry-level Business Analyst on the IS Operations team. Uses an understanding of business functions to analyze and propose technical strategies and solutions for the areas of support. Applies knowledge of the customer's functions and processes to develop and implement practical and timely solutions.
* Assist with assessing the needs of primary business functions and stakeholders to elicit, define, and accurately translate business requests into requirements.
* Possess the ability to understand a customer's business needs and translate needs into technical solutions for business functions on small initiatives.
* Employ good problem-solving approaches. Anticipate, identify and define problems. Seek root causes. Develop and implement practical and timely solutions.
* Respond to requests for all types of assistance and refer requesters to the appropriate IS contact.
* Troubleshoot in response to requests for technical support and identify problems and needs. Effectively escalate problems to appropriate technical experts.
* Create functional design documents in collaboration with IS development teams.
* Create deliverables such as business process flows, what s changing, business requirements, test plans, test scripts, cutover plans, and key learnings.\
* Actively participate in business partner review meetings.
* Participate willingly by supporting team decisions, assisting other team members, and doing his/her share of the work to meet goals and deadlines.
* Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy. Define and organize tasks, responsibilities and priorities. Take responsibility for timely completion of tasks.
* Demonstrate an understanding of the processes and procedures of the phases of the System Development Lifecycle. Assist in conducting these tasks and preparing documentation required to move from one phase to a subsequent phase.
* Proactively execute best practices regarding audit and security controls.
* Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field
* At least 1 year of relevant work experience
* Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods, Information Services and/or Operations is a plus
* Exposure to project management methodologies
* Exposure to all types of project activities
* Exposure to business process modeling and change management activities
* High personal standards of integrity
* Demonstrates a customer service mindset
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
* Demonstrated ability to think critically and conceptually
The following questions are asked of all internal candidates. Your answers will not exclude you from applying. All internal candidates are required to discuss their interest in a new position with their manager prior to applying..
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Employer's Job# 105580_Orrville
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.