The Solar Installer Laborer is responsible for performing basic labor tasks to bring about the completion of multiple Industrial Solar Project construction phases. This includes Pre-Post Installation Setup, Post Installation, Post Remediation, Pre-Racking/Rails System Component Staging, Racking/Rails System Assembly and Solar Panel Installation. All phases require the use of multiple general and power tools.
- Measuring and marking of Post Installation location points and layout of steel posts.
- Cutting, and hole punch of steel posts.
- Assistance with spotting/signaling/directing of large Post Installation Machines and Forklifts.
- Steel Post Remediation requiring the use of various heavy tools to twist/move posts into position and cut and punch holes through steel.
- Staging of heavy materials such as large steel beams, torque tubes, boxes of steel nuts, bolts and steel framing assembly pieces.
- Assembly of framing system mounts/rails using power tools and various types of nuts, bolts, bearings, clamps and other assembly tools.
- Solar Panel Installation - positioning, bolting, and securing of panels onto mounts and rails using general and power tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout the assigned workday.
To Apply: Visit peopleready.com/welcome and start the application process. Please call 260-745-4577 to speed up the onboarding process.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older.
- May need to complete background check and drug screen.
- Must be an Ohio resident
- Have basic construction experience