OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is currently sourcing Pharmacy Technician candidates for healthcare provider.
The inpatient pharmacy technician supports pharmacists in providing pharmacy services. The technician is responsible for packaging, preparation, and distribution of medications, inventory control, customer service and maintaining pharmacy records.
- Preparation – Accurate and timely preparation of medications which may include selection, labeling, repackaging, non-sterile compounding, and sterile compounding.
- Distribution – Accurate and timely delivery of medications to the appropriate storage locations.
- Inventory – Maintains accurate and appropriate inventories of medications and supplies. Accurately and timely completion of assigned inventory audits such as cycle counts and nursing unit inspections.
- Regulatory compliance – Maintains a safe and clean work area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Documents regulatory requirements such as temperature logs, scheduled activities, and training in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communication and teamwork – Communicates with other caregivers and patients in an effective and positive manner. Demonstrates emotional control and intelligence in managing work relationships. Attends and actively participates in team huddles and meetings. Assist with pharmacy caregiver and student training. Shares responsibility for accomplishment of the team’s tasks and goals.
- Technology – Appropriately uses information systems, technology, and automation to complete assigned tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Completion of a formal pharmacy technician training program preferred.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) verified through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Upon hire, registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician, Registered Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Technician Trainee with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy. Registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy is required within 6 months.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to perform algebraic calculations necessary for the preparation of extemporaneous compounds.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Six month of hospital experience preferred.
- Typical physical demands include ability to perform the job while standing, walking, reaching, stretching and sitting for prolonged periods; manual dexterity sufficient to perform computer, dispensing,
Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255