We are looking to add an energetic and enthusiastic part-time Medical Billing/Coding Instructor to our Allied Health team to teach in our Medical Insurance Specialist Program. The Billing/Coding Instructor we are seeking will have prior medical coding experience and be able to teach CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-9, and ICD-10 CM/PCS coding to our students. Our ideal instructor will not only be a subject matter expert, but also be an example of professionalism to our students.
The instructor will be responsible for instructing and facilitating meaningful learning of the course competencies and curriculum. Through preparation and learner centered instruction, delivers career education that will support graduates in meeting the evolving needs of the employment market. Fosters a culture of learning and professionalism. This is a part-time position, approximately 10-16 hr/wk for our day classes.
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of occupational (i.e., practical) experience.
- AAPC, AHIMA, or AAMA certification preferred
- Post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
- General knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology, Word, and Excel is a requirement.
- Knowledge of coding principles and rules, government regulations, and third-party payer requirements.
- Ability to organize, problem solve, handle multiple tasks, and function as a team member within established school, state, federal, and accrediting agency regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check also required.
To apply, email resumes and letter of interest to:
Allied Health Program Director
Apollo Career Center
3325 Shawnee Road, Lima, OH 45806
P – (419) 998-2930
E – firstname.lastname@example.org