OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is currently sourcing Rigger/Millwright candidates for supplier of refurbished machinery
The experienced rigger/millwright will move heavy machinery around our facilities. You will be required to have experience in operating heavy duty industrial equipment with the utmost care to ensure efficiency and safety. Ideally you would have experience in working with chains, heavy duty lifting straps and skates along with ability to disassemble and reassemble machines to move or store safely and effectively around our facilities. The main goal will be to ensure that the heavy machinery is always stored effectively and is at the right place at the right time to achieve maximum efficiency of the production and presentation teams.
- Work with team leader to maintain, manage and identify locations for incoming and outgoing heavy equipment.
- Work with production team to be sure they have the heavy machinery they need to complete their tasks.
- Complete loading or unloading of heavy equipment on various types of semi-trailers, straight trucks, covered and enclosed van trailers as required.
- Move heavy equipment utilizing Forklifts, Gradall’s (Telehandler), Scissor Lifts or Boom Lifts with the capacity of up to 20,000lbs in order to place our heavy-duty machines where required.
- Work with chains, heavy duty lifting straps and skates to move heavy equipment safely and effectively around our facilities.
- Follow company standards and legal regulations to ensure a safe and positive work atmosphere.
- Identify and report faulty equipment, damages, and safety concerns to Supervisor immediately.
- Self-directed initiative, ability to apply oneself with limited supervision.
- Show a willingness to learn.
- Display good work ethics
- Have the ability to be flexible and change direction as required to meet management and customer requirements. Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
- Ability to communicate and work well as a team member with a variety of ages and different cultures.
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment.
- Valid driver license
- Class A or B CDL license preferred but not required.
- Valid forklift certification.
Physical demands and abilities:
- Regularly sitting and operating industrial equipment.
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, squat, kneel, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time.
- Having a good sense of balance.
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination.
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, indoors and outdoors,
Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255