ALPLA will be having scheduled interviews for this position on Wednesday, July 29 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM at OhioMeansJobs Allen County (951 Commerce Parkway, Lima, OH 45804). Call today to schedule your interview! 419-999-0360.
- Department: Production
- Supervised by: Shift Supervisor
- Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Shifts Available: Day (6:00 AM to 6:30 PM) & Night (6:00 PM to 6:30 AM)
- Shift Type: 2-2-3 Schedule
- Pay Range: $13.25 - $14.25/hour
- Benefits: Offered after 2 months of full-time employment; 401K matched up to 6%, $1 for $1
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Accurate packaging of produced bottles by following all packaging procedures.
- Setup and operate multiple types of packaging equipment. Equipment may include, but is not limited to:
- Carton erectors
- Partition inserters
- Product inserters (MPV, VPM, PLU)
- Foil dispensers
- Top closers
- Palletization equipment
- Manual responsibilities include:
- Building and making boxes
- Hand packaging of bottles
- Visual Quality Checks
- Perform change overs of divers packaging equipment (e.g. case erector, partition inserter, top sealer, …)
- Applies correct labels
The position description is not all inclusive and employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Accurately following all labeling procedures
- Quality checks
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of manufacturing experience preferred
- Capable of lifting 25 pounds and standing for a minimum of 12 hours
- Able to work with multiple types of equipment simultaneously
- High cleanliness standards for the machines and work area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and very occasionally to climb or balance
- The employee is frequently required to handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to sit
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
Employee is required to act in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times by adhering to all ALPLA policies and procedures and Safety Standards (OSHA).
To Apply: Visit www.OhioMeansJobs.com and search by reference number or submit your resume by email to email@example.com with Packaging Operator in the subject line.