Holiday Inn Express (Tiffin)is seeking a Skilled Maintenance Worker
We are looking for a reliable, skilled maintenance worker to perform essential upkeep tasks throughout our facility. In this position, you will be responsible for a wide variety of activities such as repairs and cleaning to ensure that our facilities are both tidy and functional. Being reliable and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail is essential in this job, as the ideal candidate will have significant work experience and solid technical knowledge. You should have the manual dexterity and physical stamina necessary for this work.
Maintenance Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform minor fixes, such as repairing broken locks, damage to walls, etc.
- Install necessary appliances and equipment as needed
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Maintain grounds, including snow removal, trimming, edging, mowing lawn, collecting trash, etc.
- Perform necessary cleaning activities, such as dusting, mopping, trash removal, etc.
- Complete regular maintenance tasks, such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot various equipment and systems
- Test the functionality of the facility’s safety systems
- Collaborate with a team of workers and other maintenance personnel during renovations and facility expansions
- Report to manager regarding issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress
Maintenance Worker Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience as a maintenance worker or other similar position.
- Basic working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Experience working with tools, including hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read and utilize technical manuals and drawings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- General passion for creative problem-solving.
* Schedule will be Full time - Monday - Friday
* Apply in person at 78 Shaffer Park Dr., Tiffin