The Warehouse Technician is an hourly position, reporting to the Warehouse Group Leader. The Warehouse Technician is accountable for loading, shipping and stocking that coordinates with designated shipping schedules, warehouse inventory management, and all activities necessary to inventory and ship a product.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and Comply with established warehouse and shipping processes.
- Prepares shipments associated with customer orders
- Accurately stages shipments
- Comply with inventory management, including but not limited to individual pallet tracking, cycle counts, rework, and customer returns.
- Work with other departments involved in activities relating to customer returns, product integrity, and production of finished goods.
- Ensure that finished goods are stored, prepared, and shipped according to designated schedules.
- Requisition material into and out of the warehouse.
- Perform SAP related duties. Pallet reconciliation, production order control and any other related issues as directed.
- Identify quality and/or damage concerns and takes proper actions to prevent recurrence.
- Use tools, machinery and equipment in the course of performing daily job responsibilities
- Maintain performance level according to targets.
- Perform job tasks in a manor to reduce adverse impact to the environment and adhere to environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste disposal and all chemical usage and waste.
- Perform cleanup duties (including, but not limited to, equipment areas, workstations, etc.)
- Participate in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Comply with all plant rules, safety regulations, and JHA requirements.
- Perform all and other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must work well in team environment
- Must be able to secure and maintain Powered Industrial Vehicle Certification
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- Must be able to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Must be able to comply with all safety/work/procedures, rules and regulations
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced distribution environment while meeting established productivity and accuracy standards
- Must be able to work in a variety of climates (both indoor and outdoor)
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- SAP experience a plus
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- 12 months tow motor/forklift operations experience
- Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be drug and alcohol free
ADDITIONAL TRAINING REQUIRED
- Training and Qualification packet completed successfully
- Role-Specific Powered Industrial Equipment Certification
- All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position requires:
- Enter data for extended prolonged periods during 8 hour daylight shift.
- Work overtime, as needed.