This job is a hands-on Supervisory position in which an individual is expected to provide assistance to the Production Manager as well as acting as a Technician. The primary responsibilities of the Production Supervisor include directing job assignments and providing technical hands on leadership to the production staff. As a member of Resonetics management, this position is responsible for conveying a professional attitude towards other employees while recognizing the responsibility to meet production schedules and customer commitments. Another key aspect of this position is the selection and training of new employees and employees working on new jobs.
- Plan and execute the production schedule, providing supervision and direction to Production Team Leaders and Laser Operators. Allocate resources to ensure minimum downtime and completion of scheduled activities. Prioritize and manage workload to ensure assignments address the objectives of the company, department and customers.
- Conduct safety and orientation training with new employees.
- Oversee and maintain safety practices in accordance with safe operations and in compliance with company policies.
- Supervise and assist in the training of production processes. Provide training, guidance and coaching to employees in a consistent and constructive manner. Communicate shift activity to personnel and keep them informed of the changes to equipment, processes and materials / supplies.
- Monitor the efficiency and quality of all production jobs. Review goals of cells daily and identify root cause if goal was not obtained, report findings.
- Assist in running and troubleshooting production jobs.
- Work closely with peers to develop good team working relationship and cross shift team relationships.
- Review production records for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepare product shipments, including the review of internal material travelers and related documents prior to authorization of shipments.
- Maintain inventory and replenishment of all production supplies.
- Control and organize timesheets for production personnel.
- Conduct performance appraisals and communicate information to senior management.
- Manage employee conduct or performance problems in a manner consistent with Resonetics policies. Refer to Human Resources for advice and consultation as needed.
- Work with Quality to design, implement, and monitor quality awareness and improvement programs.
- Must be able to communicate to both management and staff clearly and informatively. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer operations and programs such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) Access or other data tracking systems.
- Strong decision-making and troubleshooting skills and methods are essential.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Manufacturing experience of 4 years or more or equivalent.
- 5 years technical experience and 3 years progressive supervisory experience
- Associates Degree
- Familiarity with ISO and FDA Compliance