This position's duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform diversified, non-repetitive repair work after assembly and after test-driving including adjustments and repairs involving the removal, repair, and replacement of defective parts and assemblies as indicated by final inspectors.
- Operate mechanical washing and degreasing equipment as well as fueling and exhaust equipment.
- Perform precision assembly, installation and alignment operations according to specifications, and/or verbal/written instructions.
- Perform mathematical calculations using various precision measuring instruments, gauges, hand tools and shims.
- Utilize various hand tools (including but not limited to torque wrenches, pneumatic tools, ratchets, combination wrenches, pliers) to properly assemble parts and/or sub-assemblies according to specifications.
- Assemble, adjust, and secure parts by drilling, reaming, and/or press fitting dowel pins according to specifications.
- Clean up his/her immediate work area and/or perform general cleaning in the department area.
- Perform pre-and/or post-operation safety checks of equipment.
- May be required to verify that he/she has followed written instructions. These instructions may include the appropriate operation sheets, or quality assurance directives.
- Perform all assembly installations and fitting operations on the final assembly line.
- Perform all assembly operations on major units.
- Prepare small parts for assembly, and to attach parts to form assemblies.
- Assist the operators of machinery, or equipment.
- Must be a U.S. Person as defined by ITAR (International Trafficking and Arms Regulations).
- Minimum of 18 years’ of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete the pre-employment process including but not limited to, drug screen and background check.
- Obtain Department of Army-issued unescorted facility access.
- Satisfy skills test-including vision, audio, physical, and may include respirator clearance.
- Obtain/sustain Anthropometric Size Requirements (ASR) certifications for vehicle entry.
- Automotive/vehicle or heavy equipment assembly, or repair training and/or experience preferred.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and convert fractions to decimals (three point decimals).
- Read blueprints and related documents for installation of parts and/or sub-assemblies including but not limited to rails and doors.
- Read and utilize micrometer indicators, combination squares, parallel straight edges, and feeler gauges.
- Must be willing and able to obtain/maintain a crane operator’s license (if necessary).
- Read and understand operation sheets.
- Understand and follow quality assurance directives and pre-and/or post-operation safety checks of equipment.
- Overtime and off-shift work may be required.
Ability to work in production environment, including:
- Lifting and handling (pushing, pulling) various parts‐must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing ladders and stairs into and onto vehicle structures.
- Working with lubricants and solvents.
- Potential for walking and standing on uneven surfaces.
- Potential for working in both overhead and prone positions.
- Working at heights and in confined areas.
- Bending, kneeling, standing, stooping, and twisting.
- Working in and around dust/fumes/oils/mists and in areas with a high noise volume.
- Using hand tools including, but not limited to pry bar, large hand wrenches, ratchet wrenches, impact wrenches, air/gas couplings, tap handles, air tools and grinding tools.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact email@example.com for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
To Apply: Visit www.OhioMeansJobs.com and search by reference number or apply online at: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_generaldynamics/external/search/jobDetails/jobDetail.html?jobPostId=8695&localeCode=en-us