Position Title: Fork Lift Operator Department: Warehouse
Supervised by: Warehouse Supervisor Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Position Schedule: 12-hour shift (2-2-3 schedule)
Day Shift: 6AM-6:30PM Night Shift: 6PM-6:30AM
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Fork Lift Operator is responsible for receiving, staging and shipping product.
- Preparing finished product to ship to customer
- Adheres to performance standards in quality and quantity (Checking for damages as well as count)
- Following warehouse and shipping procedures
- Accurately records and stores finished goods in the warehouse
- Accurately handles and records all corrugated products from receipt to storage and then to production
- Ensures good housekeeping within the warehouse
The position description is not all inclusive and I may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Number of Accidents
- Correct Shipment (correct quantity/right time)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in general warehousing, manufacturing or distribution
- Experience with Fork Lift/Clamp Truck machinery
- Safety awareness and quality consciousness
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and very occasionally to climb or balance.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
It is required to act in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times by adhering to all ALPLA policies and procedures and Safety Standards (OSHA).
To apply email your resume to Theran.Carroll@jfs.ohio.gov with Forklift in the Subject line.