Superior Forge & Steel Corporation is currently hiring a Pitman/Ladleman for our operation in Lima, Ohio. The Pitman/Ladleman is a member of our Melt Department responsible for set up and maintenance of melting equipment and assists in melting operations. This position starts at $18/hr. Openings for this position are on 2nd and 3rd shift but employees must be capable of working any shift to cover production needs and absences as needed.
- Assists in preheat, melting, tapping, de-gas, and pouring operations
- Participates in melt furnace reline
- Assists with ingot strips
- Cleans and inspects plates, molds, pouring pits, and ladles
- Sets up plates, molds, and stools
- Inspects argon plugs, top plate, and gate
- Performs other department duties, as assigned
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions:
- Must be capable of lifting up to 80 lbs regularly
- Exposed to heat from furnace and hot metal
- Exposed to seasonal temperature changes
- Manufacturing environment with noise, dust, and vibration
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces required
- Previous foundry or construction experience preferred
- Proficient in interpretation and utilization of sketches
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic math skills
- Must be available to work any shift, including some weekends
Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screen
Benefits: Eligible after 90 days; Includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, and paid holidays
Superior Forge & Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. Superior Forge & Steel Corporation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Superior Forge & Steel Corporation is a manufacturer of forged hardened steel rolls for hot and cold rolling of ferrous and non-ferrous materials. We also provide other products and services such as commercial ingots, specialty forging, heat treatment, and machining.