ARE YOU READY TO BE A PART OF A PASSIONATE AND HARD-WORKING TEAM EAGER TO DRIVE OUR BUSINESS FORWARD?
APPLY NOW AND MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH AIRGAS AS AN ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SUPERVISOR (REGIONAL ACCOUNTS) IN INDEPENDENCE, OH
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Accounts Receivable (AR) Supervisor provides daily supervision and coordination of a team of Collection Specialists responsible for customer service and collection of accounts receivable within the Divisions Business Service Center (BSC), with the goal of attaining a healthy Accounts Receivable position for The AR Supervisor interprets Airgas policies to team members, trains new team members, and analyzes workflow issues further driving process improvements to maximize receivables turnover, minimize risk of loss and provide a high-level of support to the Regional Companies.
* Oversees and monitors the collection efforts of team to ensure adherence to North Division protocols and that collection goals are exceeded, including promoting prompt payment of outstanding invoices and other matters that will maximize cash flow.
* Monitors and prioritizes workload of team to maximize collection effort and in accordance with Airgas Credit & Collection Policy.
* Encourages fast pace for time sensitive collection efforts on the unique portfolio of small accounts
* Assists manager in determining appropriate associate performance metrics
* Assists team with reconciling difficult accounts.
* Identifies issues with billing, pricing, cylinders that cause customer service problems, and works to resolve such issues.
* Escalates problem accounts to NDIV or field management to ensure prompt and appropriate action.
* Responsible for extensive data analysis on high number of accounts to determine collection strategies, data cleansing and account maintenance.
* Promotes and maintains professional, service-oriented relationships with internal and external customers.
* Works with Collection Agency and monitors their performance ensuring they are providing the highest level of service to Airgas.
* Acts as an ambassador for the entire department promoting the value & support the Collections team provides.
* Works internally across the Division & externally directly with customers to reduce total A/R and DSO.
* Develops and maintains close working relationships with the Regional Company Area Vice Presidents (AVPs), District Managers (DMs), Account Managers, Branch Managers and other field departments such as Cylinder Control.
* Reviews aging reports with team and engages appropriate field personnel as needed to expedite resolution of outstanding payments.
* Participates in branch and district accounts receivable meetings, sales training presentations or other corporate/divisional meetings with team when requested.
* May be asked to call on accounts.
* Provides supervision, support, and training to team.
* Works in partnership with the other AR Supervisors regarding recommendations and implementation of process improvement opportunities that enhance the overall direction of the Collections team.
* Leads by example promoting a customer service oriented environment.
* Develops, mentors, and provides direct guidance to the Collection Specialists.
* Implements actions to achieve productivity goals of the team, monitors and reports results.
* Provides a climate of motivation, communication, support and trust within department and with cross-functional teams.
* Holds associates accountable for meeting their goals, and rewarding and disciplining employees as necessary
* Special projects and other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE:
* Associates degree in Business, Accounting or related-field preferred. See job URL for more information and EOE statement.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
For more details go to URL