The Content Specialist's responsibilities include selecting and merchandising content to help partners build and showcase their digital collection, to increase sales and usage.
- Collaborate with team of Account Managers and Product Support Specialists to support collection development needs of partners.
- Create suggested collections of relevant K-12 curricular/library content in OverDrive Marketplace upon request from a partner or Account Manager.
- Curate collections to feature on digital library websites as requested by a partner or Account Manager.
- Meet weekly with applicable Account Managers and Product Support Specialists to review accounts in each territory and discuss follow-up items and strategy for the week.
- Regularly create suggested lists in OverDrive Marketplace to maximize ordering and curation potential by partners.
- Collaborate with Account Manager to create collections (carts) for new partners during the onboarding process.
- Support sales campaigns and incentives to meet sales goals.
- Analyze usage patterns, local demographics, publisher specials, and other factors for the purpose of suggesting high value content purchases.
- Make title selections to be featured in OverDrive marketing materials.
- Assist in the creation of content publications such as the eHighlights catalog.
- Track the success of lists and other projects using Google Analytics and sales reports.
- Contribute to the OverDrive blog and/or Professional Book Nerds podcast.
- Maintain relevant partner data in Salesforce and other OverDrive databases.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science (preferred), Education, or related field required. Equivalent in education and experience may be considered.
- 1 - 3+ years of applicable experience (collection development, collection curation, curriculum development).
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge of books and/or the library or publishing industry.
- Detail oriented with strong technical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks and objectives, meet timelines, and provide updates.
- Strong problem solving, consulting, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So, if you're interested in joining the OverDrive team, apply below and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.
OverDrive values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.