Part of the systems engineering job family responsible for supporting the maintenance, analysis, installation, performance monitoring, capacity planning, troubleshooting, and administration of Middleware Open Systems infrastructure (focus on WAS, IHS, IIS, JWS, and Apache). Assist in the research and implementation of new technologies. Function in Lead Engineering role in the research and implementation of new technologies and their potential match to business solutions. Provide Middleware administration and engineering support for all web-based applications at the bank of a high level of complexity.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Open Systems Middleware
• Function as a technical expert in problem resolution for middleware infrastructure hardware and software issues.
• Establish proactive procedures and processes to maintain and operate middleware systems.
• Manage the physical and logical configuration of all middleware infrastructures.
• Assist with problem resolution for middleware infrastructure hardware and software issues.
• Perform routine administrative tasks.
• Assist with the development and analysis of performance metrics data to optimize the usage of the infrastructure resources.
• Design and support daily monitoring of the middleware infrastructure.
• Maintain operations procedures for daily routine middleware processes.
• Lead development, planning, preparation and ongoing disaster recovery readiness.
• Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance of audit requirements and qualifications.
• Responsible for resolution of systems performance and production incidents, which may require 24 hr. /day and/or 7-day/week coverage.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
• Collaborating with application teams to see a project through from development into production and beyond
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable experience
• Documented four years of WAS, IHS, JWS, and Apache administration experience on Open Systems platforms
• Documented experience with administration and operations of production systems
• Documented ability to read/write shell scripts
• Willingness to work occasional nights, weekends and holidays
• Proveable understanding of upgrades and patching for the platforms listed
• Proveable understanding of security concepts for the platforms listed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Certifications are a plus for any of the platforms listed
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com or 844-463-6178.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf