Deadline to apply: July 31, 2020
Downtown Lima, Inc. (DTL), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is seeking an Executive Director with the skills and passion to advance the organization’s vision for a vibrant downtown. The successful candidate will serve as a key community leader, provide strategic and operational direction, drive fundraising, and work in collaboration with local government, the private sector and philanthropic sector to support Downtown Lima. A vigorous downtown drives a healthy and vibrant city, and the leader of Downtown Lima, Inc. will be a significant driver in keeping Downtown Lima energized for the future.
Our mission: To create and maintain a dynamic, vital, and sustainable downtown in Lima, Ohio.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategic Leadership
- With the DTL Board of Directors, annually develop and review a strategic plan to advance the mission of the organization.
- Act as the liaison between the downtown constituency and all entities involved to identify challenges and opportunities for Downtown Lima, and strategize creative solutions to address them.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for and represent DTL at various community events, meetings, and board appointments.
- Advocate for the highest and best use of downtown real estate.
- Lead the planning and discussion of significant downtown sites and the future of Downtown Lima.
- Remain active in public policy and discussion concerning Downtown Lima and the economic health of The Greater Lima Region.
- Fiscal and Operational Leadership
- Develop an annual budget and funding process to maintain the fiscal viability of the organization.
- Establish and ensure adherence to DTL’s fiscal budgeting and accountability policies, and deliver a monthly financial report to the Board of Trustees.
- Develop staff positions based on current DTL objectives and hire competent, skilled individuals to fulfill these roles
- Provide clear direction and accountability for DTL employees, interns, volunteers, and vendors.
- Develop and implement internal policies and practices to cultivate and support a strong and productive workplace.
- Oversee office to ensure cleanliness and operational standards.
- Working closely with the DTL Membership Committee, develop and enhance the existing recruitment policies for new membership and increase membership levels.
- Events and Promotions
- Develop and conduct continuous public awareness and marketing of Downtown Lima’s strengths, and vision for the future.
- Working closely with the DTL Promotion and Design Committees, encourage the improvement and expansion of cooperative downtown activities such as promotions, advertising, and special events
- Build relationships with all persons and entities directly or indirectly involved with the downtown commercial district.
- Collaborate with local, regional, and state governments, organizations, and leaders to address the needs of the organization and its members.
- Work toward a vision of downtown for everyone, bringing together diverse groups and opinions to find consensus.
- Coordinate both public and private resources toward approaches that add value to the downtown experience.
- Serve as a catalyst to stimulate thoughts and discussions, and as an able listener to encourage and participate in initiatives that improve the quality of life in Lima.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Demonstrated experience of organized, collaborative, and optimistic leadership with a track record of seeing solutions.
- Passionate about downtown development and excited about the vision of Downtown Lima, Inc.
- Strong organizational skills and experience working with various software programs.
- Experience collaborating with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Superior written, verbal communication and public speaking skills.
- Experience leading successful teams and conducting productive meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Willing and able to relocate to the Lima area.
- Flexibility to be able to work evenings and weekends for events and meetings as needed.
Not required, but a plus for any candidate:
- Fundraising and member management experience.
- Financial account management and budgeting experience.
- Grant writing experience.
- Knowledge of economic development strategies.
- Experience in city planning.
- Marketing/ social media savvy.
- Full-time, salaried position with a consistent presence in DTL office space.
- Reports to: DTL Executive Board and Board of Directors Downtown Lima, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability, or marital status. DTL Rev: 6-29-2020
To Apply: Visit www.OhioMeansJobs.com and search by reference number, or submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Director” in the subject line.