• Required minimum experience: 1-2 years of similar commercial or industrial mill work or completion of internal training program.
• Knowledge of wood species.
• Ability to identify different types of veneers.
• Capable of reading tape measures, calipers, verifying sizes, counts and dimensions
• May require forklift certification per specified by your division.
• Ability to pass internal training program within proscribed time periods for each area.
• Ability to safely operate hand tools and power tools as directed by Mill Manager.
• Proficient math and tape measure skills
Principal Duties / Responsibilities
• Able to make basic tool changes with the assistance of a trainer and/or lead.
• Ability to understand basic information driving work assignments and allowable hours.
• Ability to begin training to operate basic stationary equipment when utilizing powered stock feeders and/or automatic functions and movements.
• Be able to read basic information from drawings to ensure that parts being produced are correct and quality standards are met.
• Show the ability to understand the proper use of gages to check thicknesses, angles, machining traits, etc of parts requiring their use.
• Exhibit an awareness for safety and strive to maintain a well organize and safe work environment.
• Lift, move, push, pull, carry or manipulate large and small materials such as wood, laminate, metal or etc. weighing up to 20lbs frequently and 50 lbs alone. Assistance is required with items weighing over 50lbs.
• Must be able to provide accurate counts of product being processed.
• Ability to catch parts and assist others in material handling operations.
• Have the ability to learn and operate basic power hand tools.
• Possess the ability to begin training on the safe and efficient operation of basic stationary equipment such as drill presses, chop saw, table saw, presses, joiners, shears.
• Follow and understand the proper use of machine guards on all equipment and all of the time.
• Follow safe material handling practices when loading, unloading, stacking or unstacking of all parts and raw materials.
• Maintain proper housekeeping practices on a daily basis including your work area.
• Be able to follow directions well
• Understand job standards
• Display the willingness to learn
• Teamwork- have the ability to work well with others and cooperate with other departments and all members of the organization.
• Continually work toward improving quality, productivity and safety.
• Be well organized and have good attention to detail
Other duties as required.