Specialist, Brand Commercialization
Orrville, OH (Close proximity to Cleveland/Akron)
Senior Manager, Brand Commercialization
The Brand Commercialization (BC) Specialist is a key contributor in translating brand strategies and initiatives into an actionable Go To Market approach across U.S. Retail from the lens of the customer/ channel perspective. This role is a key partner with all our cross-functional teams, working closely with sales, marketing, finance, project management, and demand and supply planning to provide inputs to help drive strategic decision making across our business.
* Translates national brand strategies, marketing plans, and insights into sales strategies by key customers and channels.
* Provide support for new item launches and associated GTMS and SKU optimizations.
* Participate and provide key inputs into the development of Long Range and Annual Operating Plans (quota, trade, situation assessments) from a Category, Customer, Channel, & Competitive lens
* Contribute to the creation of channel specific sales initiatives to achieve sales priorities and objectives: distribution, pricing, shelving, merchandising, and new items launches
* Key stakeholder in developing national sales presentations and National New item Webcasts, along with corresponding sales tool kits using category and shopper insights.
* Provide recommendations on increasing efficiency and effectiveness of specific trade promotions/other sales activities and other ROI improvement opportunities.
* Assist in the development of trade promotion strategies, merchandising plans, and major trade initiatives
* Help provide regular updates to Field Sales of key marketing elements and initiatives (FSI/Media calendars, Catalina, etc)
* Provide timely reporting to Business unit on key initiates such new item distribution targets, trade strategy changes, and customer strategies
* Bachelor s degree required
* At least 3 years of CPG, Center Store, or Food manufacturing company experience; preferably in customer-facing or trade fund budget management roles. HQ customer marketing or cross-functional experience strongly preferred.
* Strong analytical skills - experience pulling, analyzing and drawing insights and recommendations from consumption data (e.g. IRI, Nielsen).
* Drive for Results - Sets a high standard of performance while pursuing goals with a high sense of urgency
* Collaboration & Communication - Ability to work well with others; high levels of self-awareness, empathy; ability to reach consensus
* Learning agility - Naturally curious and strives to be a continuous learner. Demonstrates flexibility to make course-corrections and refocus.
* Manage Ambiguity & Complexity - Comfortable under ambiguous and complex situations; adapts behaviors and thinking when responding to changing demands or unexpected sitautions
* Travel required ~15%
The following questions are asked of all internal candidates. Your answers will not exclude you from applying. All internal candidates are required to discuss their interest in a new position with their manager prior to applying..
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For more details go to URL