POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for all payroll processing of hours worked and voluntary deductions. Inputs data into the computer system and processes pay checks. Is responsible for providing other general clerical support to the Accounting Department, with a concentration in the accounts payable area.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Authorized to process weekly payroll checks for all hourly employees.
* Daily uploads punches from badge reader.
* Weekly changes the employee's schedules in Empower
* Daily tracks absences, tardies, edits punches and reconciles hours with production hours.
* Production labor hour corrections
* Inputs data into the payroll system, including hours worked, child support and garnishment deductions, vacations, PAID days, and voluntary deductions.
* Verifies individual rate adjustments or other changes affecting employee payroll status including new hires, transfers, layoffs, terminations, paid or unpaid leaves of absence, and related actions.
* Calculates and generates hourly "Perfect Attendance Incentive Bonuses".
* Calculates, maintains and tracks vacation and personal days.
* Maintain required payroll files and records including storage.
* Authorized to record all purchase orders and maintains payable file by matching Receivers, Invoices, and Purchase Orders.
* Verifies all addresses of vendors, calculates all extensions and totals on invoices, and calculates and takes discounts where applicable.
* Verifies Sales tax.
* Receives phone calls and answers any questions from departments or vendors in regard to invoice payments.
* Makes calls to vendors to clarify any questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures, and calls departments for proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments.
* Provides regular switchboard relief as well as backup support for the receptionist/secretary.
* Supports MOS daily/weekly/monthly reporting.
* Performs other essential functions as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or the equivalent. 2 year associate degree preferred. Experience with performing computations with speed and accuracy is also required. Must maintain interpersonal skills to match those of the overall company philosophy. Must have office skills.
MAJOR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Employee will be required to sit, stand, walk, reach overhead, bend over, use arms and hands, talk, and exert up to 15 pounds of force as need on occasion.
Normal office environment, but occasionally is subject to high noise levels, from operating machines, physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts, fumes, dust, mist, and skin exposure to oils and cutting fluids. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
For more details see online:URL
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities