Specialist, Customer Commercialization
Orrville, OH (Close proximity to Cleveland/Akron)
Lead, Customer Commercialization
The Customer Commercialization Specialist owns the Joint Business Planning (JBP) for customers to enable category and customer growth. Represents customer strategies to key internal constituents. Translates National Go to Market Strategies (GTMS) into customer specific activation. Translates SBA targets into customer level quotas, budgets.
* Support the development of category and account growth opportunities and the long term sales strategy of The J.M. Smucker Company
* Run Joint Customer Business planning based on assigned SBA customer roles
* Identify demand-creating solutions for customer-specific execution with the goal of achieving SBA plans
* Validate assumptions against key metrics (ROI, on strategy, etc)
* Coordinate with necessary internal functions (RGM, Customer Finance, etc)
* Develop customer-level quotas, budgets, profit goals tied to JBP and coordinate with Lead on final approval of customer specific plan
DAY TO DAY
* Partner with sales leads (RSM/KAM) and brokers to provide execution and communication support of JMS annual sales priorities
* Lead ongoing analysis of business performance to support daily operations and monthly business reviews
* Make commercial recommendations to improve both JMS and customer sales and margins to identify potential performance assumption issues and provide commercially viable recommendations
* Review customer sales performance, profitability and track against sales accuracy to influence demand forecasts
* Assist in developing and delivering presentations focused both externally and internally
* Bachelor s degree required
* 3-5 years of experience in Consumer Packaged Goods industry or related field
* Minimum 3 years of customer/sales facing experience is required
* Strong story telling skills utilizing syndicated or customer specific data is required
* Ability to work with cross-functional partners to drive business results
* Syndicated sales data software experience (IRI or Nielsen) is preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
* Experience in Spotfire, Tableau, CAS or similar platforms is preferred
* Previous experience with JBP process
* Demonstrated understanding of customer strategies and retail environment
* Excellent organization and written / verbal communication skills
* Self-motivated and ability to manage multiple / diverse projects
* Travel requirements: up to 20%
The following questions are asked of all internal candidates. Your answers will not exclude you from applying. All internal candidates are required to discuss their interest in a new position with their manager prior to applying..
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Employer's Job# 105780_Orrville
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.