OhioMeansJobs | Medina County, OMJMC, is recruiting on behalf of a local employer.
DISTRIBUTION CENTER GROUP LEADER - INVENTORY
A worldwide leader in the automotive parts and accessories industry, is looking for a motivated candidate for Distribution Center Group Leader - Inventory. Company success is driven by an energetic culture of automotive passion, results and an unrelenting determination to succeed. We offer a unique blend of family-owned values with a professional business savvy in a modern and upbeat environment combined with a rare opportunity to work in an industry where passion and devotion for automobiles can be part of your everyday career. Group Leader is responsible for leading, contributing and monitoring of all aspects of their respective department.
This role requires hands on involvement working alongside of reporting associates to achieve the customer expectations. Inventory Group Leader will have a team ranging between 5-7 associates focused on inventory operations across the distribution center. GL’s work under the direction of the Senior Group Leader which is responsible for supporting GL’s in their daily operations.
Group Leaders are responsible for the daily support and leadership of associates in their assigned area. This includes attendance, performance, monitoring and enforcement of company policies and procedures, facility cleanliness and employee safety.
This position will be measured on a) Meeting the agreed upon Inventory Dept SLA’s b) Leading Training and Mentorship of Associate Staff, c) Delivering agreed upon bin quality & accuracy through cycle count programs and d) continue to build a strong culture guided by our values and tenets.
- Effectively Plan, schedule and conduct cycle count for all reserve and active locations within the facility.
- Train and mentor team members on proper inventory processes and procedures.
- End to end ownership of inventory processes and controls such as daily WIP report, Bin Maintenance, Cycle Counting and inventory adjustments.
- Provide and create training across the DC operations that reduces inventory errors while improving the overall customer experience.
- Provide tactical leadership and guidance to Associates while initiating accountability discussions regarding performance, attendance, and other topics as necessary and positively recognizing associates
- Accountable for enforcement and monitoring of company policies/procedures, facility cleanliness, employee safety and customer centric practices while ensuring company values and competencies are practiced throughout the facility at all levels.
- Ensures that the equipment, materials, and supplies of the DC are kept up to safety standards, quality standards, and proper stocking levels to ensure optimal throughput can be achieved.
- Guides, trains, and motivates DC associates to provide inventory services that optimize customer service, cost, quality, delivery, and customer satisfaction.
- Performs and executes all other duties assigned by management.
- Required – 3+ years of direct progressive supervisory experience (15+ associates) in a fast-paced high-growth distribution/warehouse/fulfillment environment.
- Required – 3+ years of distribution center inventory control experience (Adjustments, Cycle Counting, Reconciliations, Physical Audits) in a distribution/warehouse/fulfillment environment.
- Ability to provide direction, implement change and adapt to a changing business environment
- Dynamic, high energy leader with track record as an effective communicator and uses a collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Hands on approach to supporting their team and understanding the processes within department
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, Business Administration or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Possess strong communication, business, and technical, analytical skills.
- Must be comfortable talking in front of large groups.
What Success Looks Like:
- Effective leadership of the inventory team
- Delivering on SLA’s for Inventory Specific Functions, that include Cycle Counting, VRMA Recovery, Adjustment, Inventory WIP Reporting
- Delivering performance and quality metrics as defined in assigned area of distribution center.
- Consistently holding Associates accountable for attendance, productivity rates, company policy, employee safety facility cleanliness and associate recognition
- Living our values through action:
- Focused on serving the customer
- Do more with less
- Work smarter, not harder
- Make work enjoyable
- As measured by associate retention and pulse surveys
Must be able to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights, and holidays.
Additional Job Elements:
Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
Must be able to work in an environment where the noise level varies and can be loud
Must be able to work in an environment where the temperature may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Company offers a competitive compensation package including excellent Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage, Paid Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, 401K retirement plan and paid time off.