OhioMeansJobs | Medina County, OMJMC, is recruiting on behalf of a local employer.
BMW Product Analyst
A worldwide leader in the automotive parts and accessories industry, is looking for an exceptional enthusiast to develop and maintain a high traffic web catalog of BMW OEM, aftermarket, and performance products. The company is driven by an energetic culture of automotive passion, results and an unrelenting determination to succeed.
The Product Specialist is responsible for our catalog of products for BMW cars - this includes maintaining our existing product catalog; ideation, onboarding, and merchandising of new products and brands; providing product support to our customer-facing teams. He or she will be responsible for gathering customer insights, needs and desires by talking to customers, conducting surveys, talking to our knowledgeable sales reps and gathering insights from social sites and forums to offer compelling new products and optimizing the shopping experience for existing products. In addition, the Product Specialist will offer product support in-person, phones, chat, and email, for our customer operations teams.
After new product and brand targets are defined, the candidate will partner closely with the S&P department to execute on a stocking and product availability strategy, partnering with our marketing team to market the product with a compelling content, merchandising the product with enticing copy and application fitment details, and setting pricing that is competitive as well as appealing to the customer.
Success of the individual will be measured on delivering quality support, launching new products to market with speed and quality through collaboration with the marketing team and generating of sales and margin from those products including the agreed upon ROI.
- Product Catalog - Analyzing and act on feedback from forums, email marketing, and social media interactions to improve our customer experience by creating and maintaining a best in class product catalog for BMW. Partner with other product departments on best practices, working with our Sales/Marketing Department on supplying the best product offering.
- Define a clear sales expectation and cannibalization analysis for each product line or product that is being contemplated for onboarding.
- Write product detail page descriptive copy that is engaging and informative.
- Set the price for the new product that is competitive and compelling to the customer.
- Provide sales and after-sales support of BMW products
- Attractively merchandise products on our customer-facing websites with category locations and vehicle fitments.
- Be accountable to the success of the product launch by making sure we deliver on the agreed upon sales and margin projections.
- Ensure we have accurate forecasting for projected volume, partner with S&P to ensure we have in-stocks.
- Assist in finding influencers that can be utilized to promote new products.
- Maintain existing BMW product catalog for OEM, aftermarket, and performance products.
What Success Looks Like:
- Creating and maintain a best in class BMW OEM, aftermarket, and performance product catalog
- Expansion of product catalog across segments (OEM, aftermarket, performance)
- Delivering on the product roadmap with speed and quality in partnership with the S&P and Marketing.
- Serving and delighting customers with innovation and latest and greatest parts
- Successfully marketing the product and innovation
- Delivering on the sales, margin, ROI, in-stock levels of new and existing products
- Strong collaborator between marketing and product teams
- Demonstrating ownership of our BMW product catalog
- Be able to create win-win partnership with vendors.