Description: Engineering Position
Job Purpose: Design mechanical products by developing and testing specifications and methods.
- Develop mechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from customers, production, and management.
- Assure system and product quality by confirming and documenting fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests from production, management and customers.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations and safety procedures.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; request special services.
- Maintain system and product databases by writing CNC programs, creating and maintaining engineering drawings using AutoCAD and Solid Works, and entering data in spreadsheets and ERP system.
- Contribute to team effort.
Experience in manufacturing environment, using computer-based ERP system and Bills of Material.
Analytical and mathematical aptitude. Computer skills.
Ability to apply logic and reasoning; Problem solving.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of welding and weld processes.
Experience with AutoCAD, Solid Works.
Experience with ProNest (plasma burner) and CNC Programming, preferred.
Experience with truck upfitting, preferred. Knowledge of hydraulic systems, preferred.
Self-motivated. Reliable attendance.
Associate in Applied Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology;
Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
10 + years experience in manufacturing environment, preferred.