VineBrook Homes is an internally managed Midwest/Heartland-based real estate investment company, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing and operating single-family homes as rental properties. We began operations in late 2007. We own or manage over 7,000 Single-Family Rental homes (SFR) in 8 states and 12 major Midwest/Heartland markets. Additionally, VineBrook Homes is currently undergoing the next major expansion of its strategy, expecting to drive toward 10,000-15,000+ Homes.
We are currently seeking a qualified Staff Accountant in the finance department to help ensure the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization. We are seeking a candidate who desires a long-term career opportunity with a successful company in the residential services industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Uses systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Follows policy and procedures documents for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
- Supports the completion of financial period closings within established deadlines.
- Prepare and record journal entries
- Reconcile and analyze assigned balance sheet accounts
- Assists in year-end audit preparation.
- Performs intuitive ad-hoc reporting as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent number of years of experience.
- 2 years' of corporate accounting experience.
- Time Management skills
- Experience using accounting software.
- Accounting and Reconciliation Skills.
- Intermediate or Better Excel Skills
- Good Ethical Conduct.
- Performs with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Pass a Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Credit, and Criminal Background Check.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer industry competitive wages and benefits. Comprehensive training is offered to all employees, with additional education offered to those interested in greater opportunities. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to any status protected by federal, state or local law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.