Position Summary: The Outbound Inspector is responsible for inspecting completed railcars for accuracy and conformance. The teams’ goal is to ensure all outbound railcars meet company requirements, Quality Assurance, and Customer guidelines and requirements.
- Inspect repaired cars to ensure all FRA, DOT, and Customer requirements are satisfied.
- Compare the work performed to the Work Order and report findings on applicable forms.
- Review Work Order and all applicable forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain and update manuals such as Standard Repair Manuals and FRA Regulations. Review such manuals on a continuing basis to maintain complete knowledge of necessary repairs.
- Maintain records of cars shipped.
- Perform a variety of duties as assigned such as analyzing drawings, performing inspections, assuring proper stenciling of cars, and other special duties which may be assigned.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Able to stand for long periods of time with limited breaks.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds and team lift up to 150 pounds.
- Work in extreme temperatures and elements for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to work at elevated heights.
- Must be able to read and comprehend basic drawings and scope of work.
- Must possess basic math skills, addition, subtraction.
- Mechanically Inclined
- Committed to Personal Excellence (Safety, Quality, Productivity)
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); 3 years verifiable work experience.
- Welding and NDT experience a plus.
- AWS Certified welding inspector VT Level II or the ability to achieve this certification.
To Apply: Complete the online application at https://www.eaglerailcar.com/careers or apply in person at 7570 Ottawa Road, Cairo, OH 45820.