Information about #20516 Maintenance Engineering Technician 3rd Shift
Work Location: GOJO Lippman Campus
Installs, maintains, and repairs packaging machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems. Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble; repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment. Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions. Analyzes and interprets maintenance and equipment data. Recommends changes in process or work instructions to continually improve maintenance. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and good manufacturing practice.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment.
* Recommends and reviews preventative maintenance routines.
* Detects and diagnose equipment malfunctions. May consult with others to develop a repair plan.
* Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
* Fabricates and/or assembles new or modified mechanical / electrical components or assemblies.
* Completes lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment. Follows specifications and blueprints; utilitzes precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
* Completes floor and equipment lay-out, assemble, and installs equipment (hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and electrical systems)
* Works under minimal supervision on duties and tasks that are varied and range from simple to complex related to manufacturing production technology.
* Maintains maps, detail design drawings, graphs, as-built drawings, structural detail drawings, and other graphic engineering records. Examines for completeness and accuracy.
* Designs, writes, implements and audits preventive maintenance and standard operating procedures
* Sets up test procedures and records result; performs analysis and calculations; recommends changes to equipment, product or test methods. Sets-up qualification testing (IQ/OQ/PQ).
* Install, repair, modify or upgrade existing and new processes and equipment.
* Confers with Engineering/Production Maintenance/Manufacturing leadership to set priorities, report status or provide information regarding projects or assignments.
* Calibrates pressure, torque, temperature, flowmeters, and balances using appropriate test equipment.
* Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and good manufacturing practice.
* Familiar with emergency procedures and equipment necessary to safely and effectively respond to an emergency involving hazardous waste.
* Assures hazardous wastes, universal wastes and used oil are placed in the appropriate container that is properly labeled, is in good condition and is closed.
* Orient, train, assign and review the work of Maintenance Mechanics
* Will fill in for the calibration technican.
* Install, program, or repair automated machinery and equipment, such as robots or programmable controllers. May set up and operate machine tools, such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
* Operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
* Fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED. Typically requires five (5) to eight- (8) year's progressive experience within maintenance/ manufacturing engineering technology.
May assist in the training of other technical resources; may coordinate with vendors.
Coordinates project work with other technical resources.
Overnight Travel - not required
To apply for this position, please complete the online application process. You will have an opportunity to include your resume and a cover letter.
Recruiters, Search Agencies or others referring candidates to GOJO Industries, Inc. without written authorization from GOJO Industries, Inc. Human Resources will not be compensated in any way for their online referral even if GOJO Industries, Inc. hires the candidate. GOJO does not seek or respond to unsolicited resumes for positions that are not listed in the Careers section.
GOJO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States.