Once Upon a Child, part of a nationwide network of resale stores that buy and sell gently used kids' clothing, shoes, toys, furniture and equipment, is looking for an enthusiastic and customer service minded Customer Service Representatives. We focus on quality, safety, and value – the same things that are important to your own family.
We appreciate your interest in the Once Upon a Child Customer Service Representative position. Please complete our online application so we know to contact you.
Once Upon a Child Customer Service Representative (Sawmill Rd., Columbus, Ohio)
Status: Hourly, Non-exempt
Reports to: Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Shift Leader
CSRsare required to deliver outstanding customer service using the company’s service and selling programs.CSRs are required to understand the company’s key metrics to help drive sales and profitability. Must communicate effectively to educate all customers on the buy process.Must be able to tag, hang and move merchandise to the salesfloor with a sense of urgency at all times.They are required to understand and adhere to all policies and procedures described in the employee handbook, training guide and operations manual.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Achieve the highest level of customer service by utilizing the OUAC, Inc. GUESTService Philosophy:
- G - Greet every customer enthusiastically within 5 seconds
- U –Understand the reason for the customer’s visit
- E – Educate the customers
- S – Satisfy the customers’ needs/suggests add-on sales
- T – Thank the customer and invite them to return to the store
- Provide the best possible customer experience for every GUEST by utilizing the OUAC, Inc. GET Sales Selling Cycle Model:
- G – Greets the customer throughout their time in the store
- E – Engages with customers
- T – Thanks the customer throughout their time in the store
- Balance customers and tasks simultaneously using good judgement and teamwork.
- Help drive all key metrics to include Units Per Transaction (UPTs) and Average Dollar Sale (ADS) and Transaction Counts.
- Correctly tag, label, hang and place inventory on the salesfloor;performing these tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Keep the store organized (by style, size and color, OUAC, PC and CM) (shelving units, endcaps, all displays, and cabinets NU/GE) as instructed by management. Understand merchandising standards to maintain customer ease of shopping.
- Accurately operate all POS transactions.
- Pay out customers for items they are selling; returning theiritemswe are unable to purchase professionally and courteously, always explaining the pass reasons.
- Understand the process of purchasing merchandise from customers.Become familiar with brands, styles, trends, features and benefits of items bought and sold. Must be able to communicate the company’s buying process clearly.
- Bring to the attention of management potential dishonest co-workers or customers.Reportall security issues to management.Use good judgment in reporting incidents that occur while the store is open.
- Bring unsafe conditions and needed repairs to the attention of management including potentially unsafe/damaged merchandise.
- Properly handle company money, donates, transfers, cash drawers, and store supplies as instructed by management.
- Correctly perform opening and closing procedures, utilizing the daily checklists to efficiently open and close the store.
- Maintain a positive attitude and friendly disposition toward all team members. Always communicating with co-workers, management and customers in aprofessional and courteous manner.
- Must have strong two-way communication skills.
- Must have Customer Service Skills.
- Must be sales and goal oriented.
- Able to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Must report to work on time and notify management if there is a need to be absent or late.
- Must be dependable, hardworking, honestteam player, with an outgoing personality.
- Must be able to work hours agreed upon when hired. Changes in availability from what was presented on your application may result in withdrawal of the job offer.
- Attendance is required at paid store meetings typically held outside of normal store hours. Occasional mandatory, paid meetings at the Corporate Office.
- Must be able to stand for 8 – 10 hours; maintain an efficient pace with repetitive motion such as squeezing, typing, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, walking and lifting,lift up to 40 pounds, and climb a ladder.
- Vision, coordination and reading requirements consistent with the employee’s need to closely and efficiently inspect items being processed.Correctly attach price tags, prepare items for the salesfloor including hanging, bagging, tying, wrapping, and move items to the salesfloor with a sense of urgency.
*This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the
employeecan be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks,
duties and training as requested by management.