OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland Cuyahoga County has partnered with a Contractor specializing in residential and commercial cable installation projects. A provider of broadband technology services to residential customers, as well as analog and digital tiers of service to deliver entertainment channels. The Company is currently hiring Cable Installers.
The Position is responsible for the installation, disconnection and changes to broadband digital cable, high speed data and digital telephony services. Job duties include the installation of various end-user electronic equipment and the installation of home networking solutions (wired and wireless).
- Performs customer installations for video, high speed data, digital phone, and new products as required.
- Performs customer installations complete from tap to customer, including prewired units; reconnects; additional outlets, requested and non-pay disconnects, and changes of service; installations adhering to Company procedures and safe work practices, National Electrical Code (NEC) and NESC requirements, and local ordinances in order to provide (or remove) services to the customer.
- Uses various tools and equipment proficiently. These include, but are not limited to: screwdrivers, pliers, shovels, ladders and various test meters
- Reviews all requested services with the customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement
- Wires single dwelling units (SDU's) and multiple dwelling units (MDUs) in order to provide "ready hook-up" capabilities at the time of moving in
- If required, burying of the service drop from the tap to the ground block; replacing and mounting of SDU and MDU wall boxes; repair or replacement of tap pedestals
- Inspects existing ground or make new ground according to the NEC to protect employees, customers, and equipment
- Determines acceptability of service by reviewing signal quality following installation or service call in order to provide the best possible service for the customer.
- Provides information on available services to new and existing customers.
- Performs installations by climbing on ladders, telephone poles, and other structures; lifting and carrying up to 80 pounds, digging, crawling, stooping and standing.
- Works outside throughout the year. Works in various weather conditions, which may be extreme hot or cold conditions.
- May drive for long periods of time and work in dark/confined spaces in attics and on ground beneath floors.
- Demonstrates and educates customer on products and services.
- Demonstrates ability to independently perform basic installation jobs.
- Able to meet and maintain safe load limits for provided equipment, in accordance with USC Weight Restriction Policy.
- Performs other duties as requested in order to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of six months experience in an installation position
- Pass a pole climbing / ladder certification annually
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- OMJCC 3562-6210
Recruiter Hotline 216-777-8255