Cleveland/Akron, OH (On-Premises)
1035 Medina Road
Medina, OH 44256
High School / GED
High School / GED
Desired Experience0-3 Years
Minimum of three years of previous, relevant field service experience preferred
Experience in one or more of the following industries preferred: fire alarm & life safety, security & access control systems
High School diploma or equivalent
Certifications are a plus.
1. Responds to routine and some non-routine customer service calls, scheduled maintenance calls, and emergency service calls on a timely basis; will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug systems for routine problems; installs projects as necessary.
2. Identifies and resolves problems for many types of service calls including emergency and after-hours calls; analyzes repair requirements and provides customer with appropriate solutions; completes necessary repairs and replacements as needed; exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
3. Completes accurate and detailed service reports for customer and Convergint to allow for accurate invoicing and job cost tracking.
4. Acts as our customers best service provider at all times thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the customers first choice for service.
5. Executes all service calls in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations as well as company health and safety policies and procedures. Uses solid troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
6. Provides technical support to end users and field labor when applicable. Proactively seeks technical guidance from more experience staff for difficult and unusual situations.
7. Keeps up to date and informed on all company products, services and policies.
8. Presents a professional image of Convergint Technologies at all times in appearance and behavior and seeks opportunities to promote the services offered by the company.
9. Communicates with and work with the other team members consistently to improve overall operations of the Convergint Technology Center, and company.
10. Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
Developing exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted
Developing technical skills and experience related to electronic security and/or other systems interfaced with same.
Programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
Must be a self-starter and work well with direct supervision
Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper)
Frequent visits to jobsites are required. Minimal overnight travel is required. Valid drivers license required.
Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Basic organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple service needs simultaneously
Proficient computer skills including familiarity with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Convergint Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to workforce diversity. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin. We offer a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
All applications and resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted for an inverview.